How do I know...

jkeivel11

if we'll be docked or tendered for a particular port? I've searched forums but can't find anything specific. I'm looking at booking my excursions through Shoretrips and was trying to decide what times to choose. I'll be on the Liberty going to:

Cozumel in port from 8am-10pm

Grand Cayman in port from 7:30am-4:30pm

Ocho Rios in port from 8am-3:30pm

I'm trying to decide how long it will take to get off the ship. Thanks in advance!

You should be docked at Cozumel and Ocho Rios and you will definetly have to tender in at Grand Cayman (all ships do). The only possible issue would be if Cozumel is really crowded with ships. When that happens, some will have to use tenders.

Try going to porttime.com. Pull up your ship, and then you sailing date to see how many other ships will be in Coz that day.

You don't say when you're cruising - we'll be on the Liberty too, on the Sept. 13 cruise on the same itinerary.

You can check on www.porttime.com -- it'll tell you who's in port at any given time.

First off -- Grand Cayman is tendered, period. There is no dock there, and likely won't be for some years to come. The reports I've seen say the tendering is pretty efficient. (Downside - if it's too rough, they won't run the tenders; it's the call of the port manager.)

Coz and Ochi are at a pier; Ochi usually only has one ship in port at a time, and there is a second pier (very industrial - Reynolds Aluminum primarily used it in years gone by to ship bauxite) if needed. Coz has a couple of sets of piers, but some are where the action is and others aren't.

How long does it take to get on Grand Cayman once the tendering has begun? In other words, what's the absolute soonest I would be standing on land?

I'm not going to rush or push or shove...just an average length of time for someone not being the first one off the ship.

Archived