Stone Island vs. Tour In Mazatlan

Jfultz81

We are looking at two options for excursions in Mazatlan.. a tour with Mazatlan Frank or doing our own thing and going to Stone Island. The tour is roughly $75 for the two of us. We are not big beach people, which is why I can't decide. Will there be enough stuff to do on Stone Island so we won't be bored or is the tour a better option?

We just got back from the Vision cruise and my daughters and I went with Randi's Happy Horses while my husband went with the rest of the family on a city tour. Although I didn't spend the day "touring" Stone Island, I didn't see much other than beach stuff to do there. If you aren't beach people, this isn't for you. On the other hand, why not do both? Take a city/country tour and then catch a water taxi to Stone Island and walk the beach for an hour. One word to capture the feel of Stone Island...primitive. Loved it! And loved our experience with Randi and her happy horses!

I agree with the above poster. If you are not big beach people, skip Stone Island and do the tour. It's great for a nice, quite, beach day, but if you are not into swimming, banana boats, horses, or ATVs, you are not going to enjoy yourself.

Personally, I'd love to spend the day at the beach, relaxing.. but DH gets antsy. He'd like to do the ATV's, but that would maybe take up 1-2 hrs of the day and I don't know what he would do the rest of the time. Guess I'll have to see what he says, I was just looking to save a bit more $$ for shopping!

Archived