Little "dotto" train in Sorrento

Hello All,

I've come across photos of the little train in Sorrento but can find hardly any information on it apart from where to catch one. Has anyone been on it or has any information they can share? How often they run, how long is the route, what main attractions are covered, costs etc?

Many thanks!

Patsy

Patsy,

You must be better on the Internet than I am, I haven't been able to find out anything about a "dotto" train in Sorrento. Where did you see what you found?

The only thing I have found is the hop on/hop off bus right in Sorrento. And the Circumvesuviana train from Naples to Sorrento.

Hi,

Actually I only found out about them because my parents just came back from their med cruise and I saw one in their photos. Unfortunately they never went on one and didn't take much notice of them so they are of no help.

Apparently you can catch one at Piazza Tasso and you can see a photo of one here: Sorrento Train Looks like a nice leisurely way to see the place...

OK, I'll keep looking...

There us one in Monte Carlo too, called the Azur train. Wonder if they are all run by the same xompany?

Dotto is the manufacturer so I think they are run by the tourist boards of each country.

We saw one in Falmouth U.K.

Archived