ATV excursion

Riverpointe

We did it 2 years ago on Princess. They took us down to the beach, thru sugar cane fields and then up to the rain forest. We had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat. Wish we could have booked it on our own but they had a contract with Princess, so it was a no go. Maybe things have changed since then?

No, you are only able to book through the ship. We waiting to long to book it and it soldout. We asked everyone outside and there is only one place that does that tour. They must only deal with cruise lines. But than I wonder how you are able to book if you aren't on a cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

We recently took an ATV tour through Carnival and really enjoyed it. Here is a short review:

Today was another early day as we arrived at St. Kitts at 7 am and had an ATV tour booked through the ship at 8:30 am. St. Kitts was fairly recently devastated by a hurricane (I think in 1998) but has fully rebuilt and is a beautiful island. We took a van up into the foothills of some lush green mountains and arrived at the starting point for the tour. We were given instructions on how to operate the ATV and then were each assigned a vehicle (there were eleven of us on the tour and we each had our own vehicle). I was a little apprehensive at first since I’d never ridden an ATV before but found it to be easy to drive and a great deal of fun. We rode up into the hills, through sugar cane fields and eventually stopped at the ruins of a sugar cane plantation (which is being rebuilt as a tourist site). Here, we were given a tour of the plantation and some history of how they used sugarcane to make rum. We also sampled sugarcane and guava (right off the tree). At one point on the tour, I could see a wild monkey off in the distance swinging among the trees. Our second stop (we also made some other brief stops through the tour) was at Romney Manor where we had twenty minutes to briefly look around. The gardens and flora around the manor were beautiful and we enjoyed the stop, although it was getting very hot. From here, we rode our ATV’s back to our starting point and were served some delicious lemonade that also had passion fruit juice and lime in it. We also were served some sort of raisin bread which was also tasty. This was another excellent tour that I highly recommend. Elvis and the other tour guide (whose name escapes me) were patient, kind, and entertaining.

Archived