First timer gains 6bs on 5 day cruise!!!!

kayweathers

I just returned from my first carnival cruise June 26th 2008. Needless to say, I had a blast!!!

Prior to cruising, I lost 22 lbs over a 4 month period. Sadly, I gained 6 of the pounds back in only 5 days!!!

I am not sure where I went wrong because I actually went to the onboard gym once, NEVER took the elevator, ate in the dining room where the portions are smaller, and walked alot in the ports.

Hopefully, it's just all water weight and it will come off FAST!!!!

My experience has been that cruise food contains a lot more sodium and seasonings than I cook with at home, thus water retention. Also, I tend to swell when I fly, which is an added factor.

I've found that if I go back to my usual food regimen and drink plenty of water, I'm OK in a few days to a week.

Roz

I just returned from my first carnival cruise June 26th 2008. Needless to say, I had a blast!!!

Sadly, I gained 6 of the pounds back in only 5 days!!!

Since you've been back only a few days, it'll take another few days to get all the salt out of your bod. The salty sea air, combined w/the add'l salt in the food (although I've never found Carnival food too salty), added to your weight. Even if something is under-salted, I don't add salt.

A pound a day - I did that when I first started cruising! Now, however, I either weigh the same or gain maybe a pound each cruise. I walk everywhere on the ship - no elevators - and I use the walking track at least once a day, sometimes two. :)

Archived