Survey??

I received this email today, I was wondering if you guys know if it is legit or just spam.

The email, as my name, says DIANE QUARANTA, which is my mother's name, which is what the account I have on RC is under. Here is the email.

"

Dear valued guest,

We are inviting a select group to participate in a survey to help us better understand your needs and preferences. By completing this survey you will help to enhance our product offerings. Your feedback is very valuable to us!

The survey will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. Make your opinion count! To participate, please click the link below.

Follow this link to the Survey: http://royalcaribbean.qualtrics.com/SE?SSID=SS_7WguOTw7a1NGJWA&SVID=Prod

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Royal Caribbean International.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback.

Royal Caribbean International

Follow the link to opt out of future emails: http://royalcaribbean.qualtrics.com/CP/Register.php?OptOut=true&RID=MLRP_6XqyYoPk5641QkA&ServerID=Prod

USPIENG72008"

Thanks for the help!!

-- Jenna

When deciphering long URLs, look for whatever immediately preceeds the first / (forward slash) in this case, it's qualtrics.com. A cursory look at their site shows that it seems to be a legit survey company. The fact that they didn't promise you anything for completing the survey is promising also. As always, be careful about what you tell them. Legit surveys won't ask for any personal information other than age, sex and possibly your zip code.

I received the same survey (and have received other surveys from Qualtrics in the past). They are a legitimate company and the survey does not ask for any identifying information.

Archived