Copenhagen - Trip to Frederiksborg Castle

We will be making a cruise stop in Copenhagen and are thinking of going to Hillerod immediately after disembarking from the ship (we dock at 8:00am). It is my understanding that we should take S-tog line E to Hillerod, and then about a 15 minute walk to the Castle.

Can anyone tell me what train station in Copenhagen will be nearest to the cruise ship dock, and how long it may take to walk from the ship to the nearest station (or if there is another quick way to get from the dock to the station).

I am also thinking of ordering the Copenhagen 24 hour Card, but want to make sure that it will cover the train ride to Hillerod and back, I think that would make the Card worthwhile to us. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you

Where are you storing your luggage after disembarkation?

We took the train to Hillerod but it was pre-cruise. At the train station in Hillerod, there is a 701 and 702 bus stop and both busses will take you to the castle and fares are included in your transportation pass. The walk is long and nothing to see in between. I'd rather save my energy to walk the castle grounds.

We will be making a cruise stop in Copenhagen and are thinking of going to Hillerod immediately after disembarking from the ship (we dock at 8:00am). It is my understanding that we should take S-tog line E to Hillerod, and then about a 15 minute walk to the Castle.

Can anyone tell me what train station in Copenhagen will be nearest to the cruise ship dock, and how long it may take to walk from the ship to the nearest station (or if there is another quick way to get from the dock to the station).

I am also thinking of ordering the Copenhagen 24 hour Card, but want to make sure that it will cover the train ride to Hillerod and back, I think that would make the Card worthwhile to us. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you

There are several cruise piers, which pier will your ship be using?

I think our ship will be docked at Langelinie (not sure, the Copenhagen Dock info just said berth 190). We are just there for the day but dock at 8:00, so have plenty of time to get up to Hillerod before 10:00 when the castle opens.

Westcoastmom, Thanks for letting me know about the bus from Hillerod to the Castle.

The Copenhagen card does cover the train to Hillerod. We used the card In May and definitely got our moneys worth. The castle and grounds are breathtaking. Copenhagen is a lovely city.

Roseanna

Thanks for the additional information Cruzky and Danish Viking. So we will walk to Osterport station and then directly up to Hillerod. I am thinking of pre-ordering the Cards, but I guess I could also pick them up at the station if sold there, as long as we could use a Visa or Mastercard at the station.

Archived