Electronic Documents

fat_joe

I am sailing on the Miracle on 8/21/08 and this is the first time I am going with e-docs. I was just wondering when I will be able to print them out (I am paid in full.) and if the funpass has to be completed first.

Thanks.

Guest carlogesualdo

They are available anytime. You'll have to complete your FunPass info first. As soon as that's done, you can print your EDocs complete with luggage tags, etc.

What's the deal with the luggage tags? I'm afraid the (folded) paper tags can tear or the staple can fall out. Then what? Has anyone had a bad experience with them? Is Carnival so cheap they can't mail decent luggage tags? I'm thinking about laminating mine, but I still worry about them just popping off the luggage. Royal Caribbean gave us the kind that are like the airport tags. They glue on and you have to cut them off!

Don't laminate...use clear packing tape on both sides. Takes a bit of patience, but MUCH cheaper.....I don't like printing out all my docs at home and using up my expensive color ink to print out luggage tags....I don't have access to a color printer at work, so I hope Carnival keeps the paper docs as an option! I read on another CC thread that Carnival may be phasing out paper docs.

CLEAR PACKING TAPE! Now why didn't I think of that!? Thanks iscrk!

My printer is running low on colored ink, so my tags are kind of a pastelish orange/apricot color. If they can't figure it out (all the info is ON there) then they had better give me REAL tags!

Thanks again! I can sleep tonight! LOL!!! :rolleyes:

We also used packing tape on our Miracle cruise in April & will be using it again in 13 days (YAY) on the Legend. It worked out fine & we had no problems with them ripping or anything. Not worth the money to laminate. No need to.

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you know if you have e-docs? I did not book directly through Carnival, I used Cruisedirect.com and it never gave me an option for e-docs or mail. Our FunPass has been completed for several weeks now but I've never seen any place to print luggage tags. We sail in 5 days and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet! How late does it come if we are getting it through the mail?

So this may be a dumb question, but how do you know if you have e-docs? I did not book directly through Carnival, I used Cruisedirect.com and it never gave me an option for e-docs or mail. Our FunPass has been completed for several weeks now but I've never seen any place to print luggage tags. We sail in 5 days and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet! How late does it come if we are getting it through the mail?

Contact cruisedirect.com it's too late for the mail documents, cruisedirect should of mailed you your documents 30 days before your cruise, they also have luggage tags at the luggage check in but it's a bummer filling them all out there,id book through the carnival PVP next time and you can enroll on carnivals site and use your booking number to check your account and to request what type you want E-Docs or Paper ones through the mail, they may have all your info at the checkin and not have to use any of these documents but ive never heard of it!!:rolleyes: I booked my cruise directly myself with a carnival PVP for free, I always do all my Bookings for Hotels,Cruise! I dont fly so I dont have to worry about that, but immediately contact cruisedirect.com and see whats up, Good Luck with only 5 Days remaining, Just make sure you have your passport, Booking Number and Id with you when you go to checkin!! Good Luck and Bon Voyage I Hope!!:eek: ;)

Contact cruisedirect.com it's too late for the mail documents, cruisedirect should of mailed you your documents 30 days before your cruise, they also have luggage tags at the luggage check in but it's a bummer filling them all out there,id book through the carnival PVP next time and you can enroll on carnivals site and use your booking number to check your account and to request what type you want E-Docs or Paper ones through the mail, they may have all your info at the checkin and not have to use any of these documents but ive never heard of it!!:rolleyes: I booked my cruise directly myself with a carnival PVP for free, I always do all my Bookings for Hotels,Cruise! I dont fly so I dont have to worry about that, but immediately contact cruisedirect.com and see whats up, Good Luck with only 5 Days remaining, Just make sure you have your passport, Booking Number and Id with you when you go to checkin!! Good Luck and Bon Voyage I Hope!!:eek: ;)

Thanks! Well I actually went back through my emails and it does say I was issued E-Docs. I called Carnival just to check because I still can't find where to print the luggage tags, but she said it's fine and they can just issue them to us upon arrival at the docks. As long as we have our FunPass and passports, we'll be good to go! So since our FunPasses are "complete", I just printed that out and hopefully everything else is in line! Oh and I went through cruisedirect because it was cheaper...plus we got a certificate for a two night hotel stay lol (I didn't really care about the last part though!)

Thanks! Well I actually went back through my emails and it does say I was issued E-Docs. I called Carnival just to check because I still can't find where to print the luggage tags, but she said it's fine and they can just issue them to us upon arrival at the docks. As long as we have our FunPass and passports, we'll be good to go! So since our FunPasses are "complete", I just printed that out and hopefully everything else is in line! Oh and I went through cruisedirect because it was cheaper...plus we got a certificate for a two night hotel stay lol (I didn't really care about the last part though!)

I booked my cruise for Two with a balcony and all Taxes,Fuel surcharge, and I prepaid my Gratuities for a Total of $1,636.00, My Hotel was $85.00 Per night Regularly $114.00 at The Holiday InnSunspree Resort in galveston!!;) What last part, sorry about the Bon Voyage part I take it back, wishing you smooth seas and blue skys!!:p :) Glad you got everything straightened out!!;)

Archived