Is Princess substituting another port for the Caymans?

10XCRUISE

10x,

We just got off the Dawn Princess on Thursday and our stop in Grand Cayman was replaced by a sea day. However, from what I’ve read, it is reasonable to expect that GC will be receiving ships well before your cruise.

If by chance GC is not ready by your cruise, I wouldn't expect a substitute port. GC is roughly half way between Cozumel and Ocho Rios and there is no other port in the area that allows the ship to stay anywhere near on schedule for the ports before and after GC. Substituting a port for GC would require a major itinerary modification, in my opinion.

Jim

The only thing folks should be receiving is a refund of their GC port charges. Missing a port is not grounds to receive onboard credit except in rare cases....for example, the Dawn Princess cruises where people are missing ports or having time in ports shortened due to the ship's engine not being at full capacity.

Our 10/31 cruise has had GC subbed with a day at sea and the only thing I expect to see is the $12.75 pp (I think that's the amount) refunded.

from your cruise.....:confused:

10x,

We just got off the Dawn Princess on Thursday and our stop in Grand Cayman was replaced by a sea day. However, from what I’ve read, it is reasonable to expect that GC will be receiving ships well before your cruise.

If by chance GC is not ready by your cruise, I wouldn't expect a substitute port. GC is roughly half way between Cozumel and Ocho Rios and there is no other port in the area that allows the ship to stay anywhere near on schedule for the ports before and after GC. Substituting a port for GC would require a major itinerary modification, in my opinion.

Jim

If we are to miss GC, why doesn't everyone on the cruise suggest that that amount be donated to the efforts of the "restoration" of the grand island that we all so enjoy. What is $12.56 (or whatever it is) when you are cruising. They could use this combined amount, and it would make a difference to them.

Princess, please make that suggestion to your passengers. Let's help them get back on their feet. They have made my many, many visits there most pleasurable, so let's give back!!!!!!

We are going on the Star on 11/7. We have an extra day at sea and a substituted port. We are not going to Princess Cay and are going to Costa Maya instead of GC. When I spoke to Princess about the refund of any kind of money (mainly was asking about port fees) she didn't seem to think that would be happening (but then again she didn't realize that the new itenerary was not our original one either). I guess we will all have to wait and see until we get on board. I would be fine with donating our $12 to restoring the islands. We live in FL and have received so much help from our neighboring states and we love to help others in need too.

Archived