What are my chances???

angela76

I have seen lots of threads about the Holiday some good some not so good. BUt I have also been hearing alot of talk about this ship moving or leaving Carnival all togeather. Do any of you know when and if this will happen?? I'm cruising on her in Feb. I have sailed on the Sensation and the Fantasy. How does she compare to those two?? I know that she is alot smaller and older but what are the perks and the downsides????

I have no idea just when the Holiday will be leaving Mobile, but I understand that it will be within the next year.

I've had five delightful cruises on the Holiday. Yep, she's the oldest and smallest in Carnival's present fleet; however, I obviously enjoyed my cruises on her to keep rebooking.:)

The Holiday doesn't have an atrium like Sensation and others; only a small purser's lobby.

I like being on the Holiday. I'm a retired N.O. chef, and I have enjoyed the cuisine on the Holiday more than any other ship. May be because they don't have as many to prepare for, but the food itself has been superior to other ships I've been on. The staff and crew have been the friendliest I've encountered on any ship. There's something nice and almost intimate about the smaller ship. ENJOY!

It was mentioned at our debarment seminar that another ship would be brought in within the next 5 months. They didn't say it would be replacing Holiday yet. I was more of the impressions booking have been so high another ship will be brought in to port out of there also.

Can't remember the exact #'s but they said Holiday has had the highest # of bookings fleet wide (based on capacity). 75% might of been the # thrown out there. Anyway it was the highest so Mobile is considered the hot spot at the moment.

I have seen lots of threads about the Holiday some good some not so good. BUt I have also been hearing alot of talk about this ship moving or leaving Carnival all togeather. Do any of you know when and if this will happen?? I'm cruising on her in Feb. I have sailed on the Sensation and the Fantasy. How does she compare to those two?? I know that she is alot smaller and older but what are the perks and the downsides????

Like poobears mentioned, the Holiday is selling better than Carnival ever expected. Steve Cassell mentioned in the debarkation talk that another ship is an option being studied. It is hard to imagine the company moving a cash cow until there is something to replace it with.

Perks are great food, great service, and it is easy to get to places. Passengers are more the laid back variety. You will be cruising with a lot of Southerners (good or bad I guess, depending on your view :cool: ) Cost per person is relatively good. Mobile terminal is great for embarkation/debarkation.

Downsides are less options, crowded feeling at times, and brown water at times in some staterooms. The ship is inevitably showing its age a bit. No balconies other than suites.

All in all, it is a cruise ship, it is a Carnival cruise, it goes to ports, and it is a nice value. Sounds pretty good to me. That is why I sailed her again.

Archived