Brilliance 9578 or 9078

I am already booked on 9578 for med cruise. I just noticed that 9078 is available. Since 9078 is next to the elevators, will it lack privacy with people going up and down? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi JackieJ - we had 9576 on Jewel (sister to Brilliance I think) and our friends had 9578. Both are awesome cabins and great locations. If you can get 9576 - the balcony is HUGE. I am just assuming it would be the same as Jewel. 9578 is great also but the balcony is not as big.

We liked 9576 so much that we booked the same cabin again for 2010.

I need to look at a deck plan again and check out 9078 to give you my thoughts. As I recall I think it is across the library...

9576 and 9578 is the quietest location we have ever had on any cruise. You might think you would hear noise from the Centrum but once the door is closed - silence.

Enjoy!

We have had 9078 and loved it! Huge balcony and you can see all the way forward. NO NOISE! Loved it. You should grab it. I can send you some pictures if you like. We have it on the Jewel for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. No other cabin like this one!

I would love to see photos of it!!! It looks like the balcony is quite a bit larger than 9578. Was it quiet like 9578 or do you get a lot of noise from the elevators? Doesn't matter to me, but my husband is a light sleeper. Also, does anyone have an opinion on which side of the ship is better for med? Right now, my parents are booked in 8582, so I'm thinking that it might be nice if we were on opposite sides of the ship for more viewing options. Thanks - J.

No noise whatsoever from the elevators. You are really seperated from them by a big wall. We were actually in 9092 AND 9078 on back to back cruise. We had to move. Liked 9078 better for the forward view.

Better pictures of 9092 balcony but they are identical. Do a search for 9078 and you will see many happy cruisers!

Some reason I can't copy and past onto this post. You can email me at mkay1@sc.rr.com and I will send you the pictures on email!

I was tempted to book 9078 for our next Jewel cruise also but decided to go with what we knew. I am glad someone was familiar with it.

The balcony does look huge! And there is no elevator noise. We were concerned about that originally but for nothing.

My DH and I are in 9078 on Brilliance, leaving Barcelona on 7-16!! We scouted out this cabin on our Alaska trip last summer...and just love hearing all the good things about our lucky choice!! (We had not even heard of a "hump cabin".) We will let you know how it is....:)

Archived