Haines to Skagway

crosj

We will arrive on Sept 9 in Haines and plan on taking the fast ferry to skagway. Does anyone know where the ferry docks in relationship to the Avis car rental in Skagway? Also how far is the fast ferry from the cruise terminal in Haines? We are taking Murrys map and heading to the Yukon!! Has anyone taken the fast ferry?

Hi,

I took the fast ferry last week from Haines. There are employees standing on the dock as they provide transport for ships tours to Skagway. The ferry over left from beside the ship, the ferry back went to their normal dock which is about a 10 minute walk--you can see the sign from ship. I do not know where the Avis office is, but Skagway is very small and very friendly so you should have no problem finding it.

Happy cruising

We will arrive on Sept 9 in Haines and plan on taking the fast ferry to skagway. Does anyone know where the ferry docks in relationship to the Avis car rental in Skagway? Also how far is the fast ferry from the cruise terminal in Haines? We are taking Murrys map and heading to the Yukon!! Has anyone taken the fast ferry?

We just got back and rented a car and drove 100 Miles in Haines and we also drove 100 miles in Skagway. Me personally I'd drive the Haines highway. I found it much prettier.

We just got back and rented a car and drove 100 Miles in Haines and we also drove 100 miles in Skagway. Me personally I'd drive the Haines highway. I found it much prettier.

I will rent a car in Haines at the end of this month, so I'm glad to read your comment!

Hi,

I took the fast ferry last week from Haines. There are employees standing on the dock as they provide transport for ships tours to Skagway. The ferry over left from beside the ship, the ferry back went to their normal dock which is about a 10 minute walk--you can see the sign from ship. I do not know where the Avis office is, but Skagway is very small and very friendly so you should have no problem finding it.

Happy cruising

Did you take the ferry provided by the ship's tours or you did it on your own? How about the cost of the ferry if the latter is true. Do you know if there is a ferry schedule I can look up. Our time at Haines is from 7am to 9pm. Thank you for your answers.

Hi,

I booked and paid on line and received confirmation. An employee had my ticket on the dock--$62. My friend decided to do it that morning and the lady told her that since there was time she would prefer that she purchase her ticket at the office at the end of the pier, but one can pay onboard. Some of the sailings were full that day--they moved me to another one so I could be with my friend. Remember the ship in Haines and the 4 or 5 in Skagway book a lot of seats so I think that it is better to reserve ahead.

Archived