Xcaret through Carnival - docked at Calica

Toddcan

We've decided we want to spend our day at Xcaret while the Holiday is docked at Calica. It's a 10 min ride just up the street from the port. It was either Xcaret, of Xel Ha.

I went to the website, and saw I admission prices of $69 pp. But, I would have to spend $10 or so for a taxi to get there if I were to go on my own. The excursion through Carnival is $68 pp and they have shuttle buses running all day back and forth.

It's unusual that I have found an excursion cheaper (or very closer to the same price) as what I can get on my own, including transportation.

The place looks fantastic according to their website! I cannot wait :)

The place looks fantastic according to their website! I cannot wait :)

I cannot wait either... to see your pictures when you come back!

I was in Cancun for 4 months and never could go to either place.... :(

I cannot wait either... to see your pictures when you come back!

I was in Cancun for 4 months and never could go to either place.... :(

I gotta ask...

What were you doing in Cancun for 4 months where you could not go? Missionary work, or a work program?

it is indeed fantastic, and the one I usually choose when given the choice between Xel-ha and Xcaret. There is a lot to see and do. They've just added (or are about to open up) a section on the Wineries of Mexico.

I think My favorite part has always been the underground river.

I gotta ask...

What were you doing in Cancun for 4 months where you could not go? Missionary work, or a work program?

I was living the broke life! Haha! I was a shotgirl at a couple clubs there from August to December... low season! It was hard being broke, but man was it fun! Wish I could do it all over again! Little by little I can go back and do those things I never could do when I lived there, like parasailing! I did get to Cozumel, but never Isla Mujeres.... yada yada yada. Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Wineries of Mexico at Xcaret? I think I'll just quit my job & move there. Santo Tomas! Yummy!

Seriously, the only advice I can think of is to go to the Orientation, if they still have it. Some time in the morning, they used to have someone explain everything in the park, where it is, etc. I don't know if they still do. Xcaret is so big, you don't want to miss anything. Maybe this orientation is before the cruise ships arrive, though?

Also, you may not want to follow this advice. I live in a frozen desert. When the humidity here goes above 10%, we panic and hide under our beds. So the Riviera Maya's heat and humidity reduced my appetite.

So I felt that the "all inclusive" option was not worth it. Especially if you can eat a big breakfast on the ship in the morning and dinner that night. The buffet was good. But cruise ships (or so I understand, I'm a cruise rookie) have good food and you want to spend your time at Xcaret seeing things & doing things. Smuggle in a couple granola bars in your camera case or pay cash and eat at their snack bar.

Archived