Van rental in Skagway

butterfliesfly

After reading all the great advice on these Boards, I called Avis a few weeks ago to find out if we can upgrade to a van as our party has increased to 6. The rep at Avis told me that most of the vans will be sent to a different city in the early part of Aug. We are scheduled to port on the 23rd of Aug.

Sourdough Rentals has vans, but I have read mixed reviews on the Boards about them.

Has anyone used Sourdough this year, and should we go with them, or book 2 cars from Avis?

Sourdough Rentals has vans, but I have read mixed reviews on the Boards about them.

Has anyone used Sourdough this year, and should we go with them, or book 2 cars from Avis?

I'd like to find that out too. I'll be with a group of 7 next year, and a van would make things easier for us.

We are scheduled to port on the 23rd of Aug.

I am actualy renting a car from Sourdough the early part of August. I could let you know how it goes when I get back. I did speak to the owner and he seemed like a straight shooter and nice enough guy.

I am actualy renting a car from Sourdough the early part of August. I could let you know how it goes when I get back. I did speak to the owner and he seemed like a straight shooter and nice enough guy.

If you would post, I'd appreciate it. I haven't seen much feedback yet one way or the other.

Thanks.

Thanks, that would be very helpful.

We just came back with a party of 7 and rented a van with Avis. They are not available on their site but with a little investigation, I found out that they usually are in Skagway. I had talked to the Avis office in Anchorage who gave me all the ins and outs of positioning cars at ports. He suggested I call the Skagway office a week or so before we landed. Vans were available and they reserved one for us. Beautiful drive that we could all share together.

Cocokai - how far away from the docks is the Avis rental office in Skagway? We are on the Diamond Princess.

Just wondering if it's a quick walk or if we need a shuttle

No shuttle needed. It's just a few blocks. I think it was on the corner of 3rd and Spring. Easy to find. If you are a coffee drinker, there is a beautiful Starbucks in a Mercantile right behind Avis on 2nd street. Got my latte and we hit the road.

Archived