Wheelchair accessible tours in Costa Maya

Moonstoners

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from Costa Maya last week on the Rhapsody. I travelled with my mom, who is in a wheelchair and cannot walk. We asked the shore excursion desk for information and were told to stay on the ship because she could not go on any of the ship excursions. There were a few shops along the pier - nothing too interesting - that she could get into. There are also some booths with independent tour operators along the pier area. None of them offered anything suitable - everything involved climbing stairs into buses or boats.

You can leave the pier area and take a taxi ($3 each way pp) into the "town", but the dirt road through town is so rocky and full of pot holes that a wheelchair cannot navigate it very easily.

If walking and climbing stairs are an option, find a ruin excursion or maybe one of the boating trips. There's not enough in town or along the pier to spend all day doing.

Archived