Building the Queen Mary 2: Discovery Channel

Gary B

On the Discovery Channel this evening (UK) there was a 2 part documentary on the Building of the Queen Mary 2. It is repeated again overnight and on Discovery Channel +1. They usually repeat shows over the week.

It was a very good show. Gettting into a lot of detail on the how it was deisgned and built.

Did anyone else see it? Thoughts?

Gary

• 11 months later...
On the Discovery Channel this evening (UK) there was a 2 part documentary on the Building of the Queen Mary 2. It is repeated again overnight and on Discovery Channel +1. They usually repeat shows over the week.

It was a very good show. Gettting into a lot of detail on the how it was deisgned and built.

Did anyone else see it? Thoughts?

In the US, I found "Queen Mary 2 Birth of a Legend" listed for Discovery Channel on Thursday, 10/27. It's a two-hour program. It doesn't mention a Part II. Is this the name of the program you referred to, or did you see another program perhaps only shown in the UK?

In the US, I found "Queen Mary 2 Birth of a Legend" listed for Discovery Channel on Thursday, 10/27. It's a two-hour program. It doesn't mention a Part II. Is this the name of the program you referred to, or did you see another program perhaps only shown in the UK?

If you will notice the original thread was started in 2004, I just added to his post rather than starting a new thread.

Thursday, 10/27 Time Channel

Queen Mary 2: Birth of a Legend

Design and construction of the Queen Mary 2. 11:00 am 43DSC

Queen Mary 2: Birth of a Legend

Design and construction of the Queen Mary 2. 12:00 pm 43DSC

As I started watching the documentary, I realized that I saw it last year. Once again, I see the building of the ship and get excited as she is tested in the waters and her fitting is completed.

;) It adds to my anticipation of our 12/8 Caribbean Cruise! It's only 41 days and counting!

Archived