Where to sit in the dining room?

ando3

Am STILL 132 days before my first cruise on a Voyager class (Explorer of the Seas) ship. I've seen pictures of the 3 level dining room and have a few questions.

Will we be able to get a table for 6 and only 6 of us?? Not that we arent friendly with strangers, but we are a close knit group of loonies and love to laugh at the dumber things in life and eat like we're going to have our last meal!

Any suggestions on a great spot to dine? I have no fear of scouting out my table on the first morning then charming the head waiter for a better spot!!

Any/all suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!!

We just got off the Explorer of the Seas this morning and had table #451 in the Dagama dining room (middle level of the three). The table right next to us was a table for six. I assume it was either #450 or 452. When we first saw our location we were disappointed since it is immediately inside the main doors and we were hoping for something more secluded or by the windows. However, our table overlooked the level below us (including the Captain's table) as well as the stairway that connected the three levels. As a result, we were in the perfect location to watch the singing/dancing performances by the dining room staff. In fact, others would come to our table to photograph or video the activities. At the end of the week, we were convinced we had the best seat in the house. Hope that helps.

Paul.

Dining will already have been assigned by the first morning. Your table assignment will be on your seapass card on check in. Go to the dining room to see where you are. If you don't like it you can wait in line to speak with the matre'd to see if anything else is available.

Thanks for the replies Plana and Seaside...

Is there anyway to request a dining room table BEFORE the cruise? Or is that just a "you get the hand that is dealt to you" sort of thing?

Remember that your dining assignment is only for DINNER. 1/3 of your meals. You have complete control over where you sit for the other 2/3.

Well, actually, you could choose not to go to the dining room for dinner, but I have the impression that your "group of loonies" is looking forward to leisurely dinners in the dining room.

Ando3...I haven't tried to request a particular table before a cruise, but you can certainly try. I would go through your travel agent or RCCL customer service. Our waiter on the Explorer gave us names of 3 of his good friends who are waiters on the AOS. I plan on requesting one of those three beforehand for our cruise next September.

Ask your travel agent to request a small size table for your party of 6 and make sure all your reservations are linked together for seating or you won't even be sitting at the same table! I believe small tables are for 4 - 6 people. We requested one for our family of 5 because we too do not want to be with anyone else. And like the poster above mentioned, check your table assignment as soon as you get on the ship and ask to be changed if you do not like where you are sitting.

Archived