Transportation Help Please

Karried

I accidently posted this in another thread .. I couldn't edit it. This is where I wanted it to be .. hope someone can help.

Hi all, I've read through all of the posts... it is amazing how helpful everyone is...

I'm asking for help in trying to secure transportation for 8 people and luggage from La Quinta Universal ( Major St) to Port Canaveral and back (after the cruise) to DisneyWorld - Wyndham Resort Bonnet Creek and Wilderness Lodge DisneyWorld.

I've gotten quotes but it is approx $400.00 w gratuities for a round trip.

I have to get from the airport to La Quinta as well, and back. My question is this..

Is there anyway to Rent a vehicle ( van) to get to the hotel and then the next day to the Port and drop it off there? And do the same for return for less that the estimated price for shuttles and taxis?

Has anyone done this.. I'm sort of amazed at the price to get to the port but I imagine gas prices have affected them drastically.

It sounds like such a hassle to rent a vehicle but I'm wondering if we might be able to save a few hundred bucks and it would be worth it?

What do you all recommend?

I think I answered my own question... Looks like most of the rental car companies are Sold out on Mini Vans and larger vehicles.

Looks like we'll be shelling out about $600 by the time we are finished...from airport to port to hotels and Disneyworld for 5 days. yikes. I don't even want to think about it.

I accidently posted this in another thread .. I couldn't edit it. This is where I wanted it to be .. hope someone can help.

Hi all, I've read through all of the posts... it is amazing how helpful everyone is...

I'm asking for help in trying to secure transportation for 8 people and luggage from La Quinta Universal ( Major St) to Port Canaveral and back (after the cruise) to DisneyWorld - Wyndham Resort Bonnet Creek and Wilderness Lodge DisneyWorld.

I've gotten quotes but it is approx $400.00 w gratuities for a round trip.

I have to get from the airport to La Quinta as well, and back. My question is this..

Is there anyway to Rent a vehicle ( van) to get to the hotel and then the next day to the Port and drop it off there? And do the same for return for less that the estimated price for shuttles and taxis?

Has anyone done this.. I'm sort of amazed at the price to get to the port but I imagine gas prices have affected them drastically.

It sounds like such a hassle to rent a vehicle but I'm wondering if we might be able to save a few hundred bucks and it would be worth it?

What do you all recommend?

Not sure if you have left yet, but I work at the airport (MCO) and can HIGHLY recommend 1001 Transportation! Email me at cbirdsong@casham.com and I will give you there phone # and website info.

Archived