Bring your own blow dryer!

MommyLB

I don't post often but read a lot before my cruise. I've learned so much here. I thought I would share this important piece of info: bring your blow dryer if you usually blow dry your hair. The one onboard is very weak and almost impossible to use to get a straight, smooth style. It may sound trivial but when you are getting onboard family portraits at $25 for an 8x10 you want to look good, right? I loved the cruise and forgetting my blow dryer was my biggest regret. Enjoy!

That is very true. Those hair dryers are terrible on long or thick hair. I will share another tip. If you have natural curly hair,and tend to straighten it. Don't go on deck before dinner/pictures:eek: Better yet, save yourself the time and energy. When on a cruise,I give up trying to tame my unruly curls by blow drying and straightening. I use A good styling gel,and concentrate on trying to keep the frizz under control:D

Thanks for sharing your tip with us. I'm sure it will help many ladies out there;)

If you are in a suite you'll find a "real" blow dryer in a drawer, usually in the dressing table. There are also extra outlets, so most people won't need power strips and extension cords.

I'm so glad I now wear a wash/gel/go style. :)

If you have natural curly hair,and tend to straighten it. Don't go on deck before dinner/pictures:eek:

;)

Agreed!!

Although I can't let my hair "go" because it isn't curly, it isn't wavy, it's fine and straight, but it frizzes in the humidity. Matrix Sleek styling creme and a Chi flatiron are my best friends on a cruise!

I agree... I have shoulder lenght, wavy hair. I left my hair dryer at home because I tried to travel as light as could be. The hair dryer I had on the Wonder was horrible. It had no power, but got extremely hot! So, hot that I had to stop using it after just a few minutes. And it was the most awkward shape! If you absolutely must dry your hair, bring your own!

Archived