ventura questions?

ladyruby

have also got a question about the gym , how good is it ?!! best time to visit it ? early morning or early evening ? also does it have ocean views ? is it also possible to jog around the deck ?

The gym is the best one I have used. Its as good as any of the major chain gyms. Loads of equipment, its the most update of any cruise ship according to the instructor. I went most days in the afternoon and it was fairly quiet. It as views of the port or the Ocean on sea days, and no you can't jog right round the deck not with out climbing steps.

As you see we have booked Ventura and have a quick q.

Are the pools fresh water or salty?

Bob

I used the Terrace pool once on our cruise in September / October and I don't remember noticing that it was salty.

The gym is the best one I have used. Its as good as any of the major chain gyms. Loads of equipment, its the most update of any cruise ship according to the instructor. I went most days in the afternoon and it was fairly quiet. It as views of the port or the Ocean on sea days, and no you can't jog right round the deck not with out climbing steps.

No Problems getting into the gym, its much the same as other good lines - the only failing I could see is the the roof is low and they have switched off the hill programs on the treadmills - no elevation at all - just level walking or whatever.

One of the assistants said this was because an average hieght person jogging on a hill program on a treadmill will bang their head on the ceiling. It would probably have been ok for a short house like me but the hill prog couldnt be switched back on.

As with most sea gyms its is interesting if the sea is rough

No Problems getting into the gym, its much the same as other good lines - the only failing I could see is the the roof is low and they have switched off the hill programs on the treadmills - no elevation at all - just level walking or whatever.

One of the assistants said this was because an average hieght person jogging on a hill program on a treadmill will bang their head on the ceiling. It would probably have been ok for a short house like me but the hill prog couldnt be switched back on.

As with most sea gyms its is interesting if the sea is rough

am worried now as im 6ft5 and was planning on running on the treadmills every day :mad: looks like ill have to use the rowing machine instead

I think you will be okay, I can't say I noticed the roof being low. The treadmill's are the ones nearest the window, its only the front of the treadmill where the window might slope in. As most people run in the centre of the machine it shouldn't be a problem. The Crosstrainers and the steppers are all in the middle of the gym floor with the bikes positioned by the window but faceing into the gym. All the free weights are at one side of the Gym next to the entrance.

Archived