Post-Cruise Cappadocia

mk0520

My husband and I are taking the Post-Cruise Mystical Cappadocia 4days/3nights tour that Oceania had offered for our Black Sea Cruise leaving Athens on 8-24-08. My question has to do with luggage that we will be bringing on this short visit to Cappadocia. If anyone else had taken this trip could you please tell me if you bring all the luggage with you or does Oceania provide a place that you store your luggage and just take what you need for the 4 days. We will most likely be taking a small plane to Cappadocia so I'm thinking their is weight restrictions. Also, has anyone stayed at the Kapadokya Lodge Hotel? This is the hotel that Oceania has provided for us. Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.:)

We did a pre-cruise to Cappadoccia, so what I say MAY not apply. Best to check through your TA, to be sure.

1. Our luggage, or rather that part of it which we did not want to travel with to Cappadoccia, was transfered from the hotel in Istanbul directly to the ship. That arrangement was quite convenient and worked out well for all but the one couple who had luggage that did not get delivered to the ship until the next afternoon, and then only becasue of the good efforts of the guide who traveled back to Istanbul and was on the ship to help pasengers with Istanbul information.

2. I think we stayed in the hotel you mentioned. It was better than average, decent food (which attracted other tour groups staying at other hotels). Not 5 stars by any means, but did offer free Internet one floor below the entry level. The small town where the hotel is located right on the main street was quite interesting: several small and I do mean small store fronts selling 7/11 type stuff, 4 Internet sites, a few coffee shops, the local mosque with its periodic calls to prayer, farm tractors driving through the main street, a local famer's market where we were treated with courtesy and olive samples, and very few women ever in sight.

3. You surely will find your post cruise trip a terrifc experience.

Archived