Reggae Beach

nerak

Quoted from http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=447837

Reggae beach is a very long beach, very clean, no one hassles you and there is also restroom, if you want to be away from the crowdwd beaches, then reggae beach is the place, there is however no lounge chairs there..."my impression of Reggae Beach. The beach and water are very pretty however there really wasn't anywhere to sit or put our things other than a picnic bench that was about 30ft away from where we entered the water. I have to admit I was a bit uncomfortable when a group of teenagers hiked around the point (thus not having to pay an entrance fee) and parked themselves on each side of the bench. Reggae Beach is not a big tourist beach - mostly locals here. Some people have recommended Reaggae Beach as being a nice beach Reggae Beach is a beautiful beach. We were there last week and it was one of the prettiest beaches I have been too. It is not crowded and it has shaded areas for you. I don't recall if there were umbrellas but there is shady palm trees for you to get out of the sun. Our families did some snorkeling there but I don't know if they saw a whole lot. There is food available...jerk chicken, chicken nuggets for the kids at a very reasonable price. The drinks were cheap too. Our guide, Marva Shaw, took us to Reggae and the bus stayed with us the entire time. There is a 5.00 per person entrance fee and 2.00 per child 12 and under. This beach will give you a real Jamaican feel as you will not see a lot of tourists. Go and enjoy. it is secluded and not full of motorized sports. Reggae Beach was a gorgeous white sand beach. The beach also did not have vendors trying to sell you something every 5 minutes! What a plus!! I know she offered other options for people less inclined to do water activities

Archived