PG Polynesian dance?

papeete

We have heard that the Polynesian dance and buffet is terrific (offered on several of the islands if not all), but we were wondering if it would be redundant with the cruise's entertainment. Could someone please tell me if the cruise also provides a Polynesian dance performance? I feel like I read it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I can't help definitively with the initial question as I don't leave for a few weeks but would think it would be worthwhile to attend one of the shows on land if you are really interested.

I would recomend a rash guard to protect against sunburn if you plan on spending a significant period of time in the water, snorkeling for example.

I agree with Friscorays about the shirts. I know in the past when I have snorkled a lot I have gotten sunburned on my back, and I don't usually burn. I did purchase one for me and 2 for my husband since he burns more easily. There were many sites on line just do a google search.

Adrienne

The dance troupe 'O Tahiti E' has been performing the last night of the cruise for years. I suppose they still do, and they are fabulous.

A rash guard isn't absolutely necessary. Buy one if you think you will use it again. I just use a t-shirt, one that's fairly tight, so it doesn't float up around me--it protects from sunburn, and I usually treat it with RIT Sunguard beforehand, which adds an SPF factor.

Hi we just got back from the 10 day cruise and we had the children of Raiatea at 4 pm on Raiatea (2nd night). These kids were so cute and very talented.

Then on the 3rd night in Rangiroa the Les Gauguines did a Polynesian dance show at 9:45.

Finally on the 2nd to last night which was our overnight at Moorea (this was the polynesian night) there was a party on the pool deck where the "Tiare Tarona Nui" dance troop performed another polynesian show from 6:30 - 7 pm. This was fun because the local women called Mamas were making and giving away beautiful head pieces and leis for the women on the cruise. At 9:45 that night there was another Les Gaugines polynesian dance show. I hope that helps...

but thank you so much, everyone! we decided to get the rash guards and pass on the land-based shows (pricey) in favor of the ship-based ones (free). :-)

looking forward to visiting paradise...

thanks again !:)

Archived