Cancun day trip ?

kelster42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depending upon your interests there are a lot of things to do. We just got back from a 10 trip driving across the Yucatan so here are some ideas -

If you want Mayan Ruins (that you can not interact with) and swimming then Tulum is a good choice.

If you want Mayan Ruins that are just outstanding and in the middle of the jungle EkBalam is your best bet. They are not visited very much so you can still interact with them - climb up and around them.

Visit a Colonial City - Valladolid (vall - a - doe - leed) is a great little city that we like a lot.

Cenote - The Yucatan is filled with underground rivers that you can go swimming in. They are all over, but the ones out by Valladolid I think are some of the best. There is one in the city - I would not swim there, but it is another thing to see while you are in the city. There is one just to the west of the city and one next to the EkBalam ruins.

Rio Largotos - Take a boat tour to the preserve where the largest "flock" of pink flamingos live. Really great. If you want a recommendation for a boat company - just let me know. We used a great one that respects the preserve and was very knowledgeable.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, just ask.

Archived