Please Help ! NCL or Carnival....

Thank you for all the replies.... based on itinerary... my DD loving the look of the water slides :p and pricing... they offered an awesome Military discount... we have decided on the CARNIVAL GLORY departing on Feb. 21st...

We are so excited over this choice and I am sure it will lead to an addiction like so many of you have !!

Thank you so much for all your input !!

Jennifer

The Glory was a lovely ship. As I noted, a bit large for my tastes, but I enjoyed the cruise and the ship. I believe you said you were doing Western?

That's the cruise we took in May. It was Coz, Roatan, Belize and Freeport. I think they MAY be replacing Roatan and returning to Costa Maya by then. I haven't been there, but people seem to love it. Personally, I thought Roatan was fantastic and I'm sorry it's being dropped from the Glory itinerary. I think the Legend's itinerary will continue to call at Roatan.

Enjoy your cruise! And enjoy getting away from the Ohio winter! :)

Thanks everyone....

If you have not noticed...LOL..... things have changed a bit. We are now sailing on the Glory March 21st.... decided to go on kids spring break...my DS is a senior and taking two AP classes and two Honors classes... taking him out for 7 school days is not wise :(

We are so excited though...booked flights with Air Tran for really cheap.... here's hoping they are a good airline...have heard good things about them.

Now to figure out travel insurance ??

Jen

I've only flown AirTran once (my one getaway during March - I'm a CPA so am normally chained to my desk for months). We went to spring training in Winter Haven in 2006. We had absolutely no issues with AirTran.

Spring break, eh? That should be lively!

I booked insurance through InsureMyTrip dot com, and purchased AIG Travel Guard. It was very reasonable.

I am so jealous ....spring training in Winter Haven... not anymore though...

Here in Columbus, we are all hoping that the gossip is true...and that the Columbus Clippers will become the Indians Farm club.

Anyway, thanks so much for the info on travel insurance. I looked into the insure one...and it is about $280 to insure the cruise and airfare. Does that sound about right? My neighbor who worked for that travel company with three letters in its name... said not to get the insurance...that they never did. They have done Disney and Carnival without it. I am still going to look into it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jen

I'm pretty sure AAA will be moving to Columbus. Lucky you! I was a member of the Burlington (NC) booster club for only 2 years when they pulled out after having had their rookie team there for 20 years. Figures. Now I have to be all motherly to young Royals players. ;)

I always purchased insurance through the cruiseline or travel agency, and it was AIG. So i just purchased it myself last time. I think it was only about $89 for the two of us, but I'm not sure I included the cost of the air when I purchased, as we had originally planned on driving (I found cheap air on SW about 5 weeks before we sailed).

It will be great fun to see the kids come up through the system. Not to mention and big leagers rehabbing.

I got a couple of leads on trip insurance for military members that I am checking out. I will also check AIG. Thanks so much.

Happy Cruising, I see you have two lined up !

Jen

Archived