Will a loyal RCL cruiser enjoy the Celebration?

ugyvel

I am relocating on a temporary basis to Jacksonville and note that the Celebration is one of the two ships to sail from there. I have done a number of Royal Caribbean cruises and have loved it. These included two 4/5 day cruises (Monarch and Enchantment). I also did a 4 day cruise on Fantasy and loved it (although DW was less enthralled). What are people's thoughts on the Celebration? The opportunity to take short cruises without having to fly in certainly is very attractive.

I haven't been on the Celebration - it's one of the smallest ships in Carnival's fleet - but I have been on the Fantasy and Fascination, as well as 2 RCL ships: Enchantment and Voyager.

I have enjoyed every cruise I've been on, and if I could cruise without flying (and especially getting last minute deals) I'd be there no matter what ship it was!! :D

I haven't been on the Celebration, but have been on a similar sized NCL ship--The Sea. While a cruise is a cruise, you couldn't pay me to sail on that ship again. If I won a free cruise on the Sea, I'd probably auction it off on Ebay.

This is JMHO but I will never cruise on a ship smaller than 70,000 tons.

:) I have sailed the Celebration and we certainly enjoyed this ship for our first cruise. We haven't been on any other cruise line, so I can't compare, but I truly think you'll find the Celebration is a quaint ship w/ a top-notch crew! Enjoy!

Thanks all. Being right there, I'm sure I'll have to give the Celebration a try just to find out. But thanks for pointing out that Port Canaveral is only 2.5 hours away--that's nothing and certainly expands the options!

and I think she is a great ship! This was my 4th cruise, but the 3rd was way back in 1984, so consider my memory..... :p

Celebration is one of Carnival's oldest and smallest ships, but I thought the attention we received and the cleanliness of her more than made up for her smaller size. The crew were all wonderful, and the CD, Resa, was super! She was everywhere, all the time! I can't complain about any aspect of our trip. It was great! :)

Our waiter and his assistant only had 4 tables at dinner, and they got to know all of our likes and dislikes within 24-48 hours. :D

Lisa

lakeluvr

We did our first 5-day cruise on the Jubilee (sister ship to Celebration) after only doing 7-day cruises on other ships. Our 1st 7-day cruise was on the Nor. Sea (another 40,000 ton ship). We went with pretty low expectations and they were exceeded in the dining room but pretty well met everywhere else. The Carnival ships (at least for the Holiday and Fantasy classes) can have some pretty odd interior decorations - more theme-like than the more classic decor in the RCL ships. And, the decor on the Jubilee was pretty tired. Finally, smaller ships seem to get smaller and smaller the longer the cruise - not really a problem on 4-5 day cruises, but it was a problem on the Sea.

However, all that being said, we had a good time on this cruise and its convenience for us in Galveston made it worthwhile. We've since signed up for another 5-day cruise in February on the Ectasy and I'm looking forward to it.

HI UGY...

Have been on her 3 times....Various thoughts....They were "free" trips,won through work.The last one was really not enjoyable...I am not sure if the attitude we recieved was because of the fact that we were "freebies"..We were told once while waiting in line for a bev 'move to the side ...we have "paying " customers waiting!!I know...isolated incident...but it was a "bad" cruise.Keep in mind..Carnival "gave" us nothing free...It was all paid for by our company....and after 8 years of doing this....They no longer use Carnival...Anyway....Keeping in mind the spirit of the shorter cruise...It should be enjoyable...She has very quaint features.

My question is...And I could be way off track....I thought that she was soon to bed sold? Have heard rumours that she is not being kept up very well in anticipation of her "departure"...Someone,please correct me if I am wrong.

HI UGY...

Have been on her 3 times....Various thoughts....They were "free" trips,won through work.The last one was really not enjoyable...I am not sure if the attitude we recieved was because of the fact that we were "freebies"..We were told once while waiting in line for a bev 'move to the side ...we have "paying " customers waiting!!I know...isolated incident...but it was a "bad" cruise.Keep in mind..Carnival "gave" us nothing free...It was all paid for by our company....and after 8 years of doing this....They no longer use Carnival...Anyway....Keeping in mind the spirit of the shorter cruise...It should be enjoyable...She has very quaint features.

My question is...And I could be way off track....I thought that she was soon to bed sold? Have heard rumours that she is not being kept up very well in anticipation of her "departure"...Someone,please correct me if I am wrong.

Jubilee just sold to P&O...........Celebration moving to J'Ville......last refurb was in 2002 so she shouldn't be too bad.....

Archived