Houston to Galveston Transportation?

Anyone stayed overnight in Houston, and then taken transportation to Galveston on the day of the cruise? We were planning on doing our overnight in Galveston, but are having difficulty locating a wheelchair-accessible van or taxi service in Galveston, and are thinking that it might make more sense to stay in Houston.

Anyone recommend a good (but not expensive) hotel that offers either a shuttle service to Galveston, or alternately, anyone recommend a good shuttle service that is able to carry a person in a wheelchair, in addition to five other people in the same vehicle?

Thanks for your assistance.

R. Aubrey Hawton

Have you checked with hotels in the Texas City area (south of Houston, north of Galveston)? The Hobby airport area may be another option. I know there is a LaQuinta in Texas City, not certain if they offer such transportation but they may have suggestions. Also there are many hotels on I-45 (which leads to Galveston) on the south side of Houston around Hobby airport that have shuttle service, but I don't know if they go that far. Good Luck!

I don't know if it is still offered, but RCI used to have bus service to/from major Texas cities. We took advantage of this on our Rhapsody cruise two years ago. I've forgotten the cost, but thought it was a great deal. By the time you pay for your parking, fuel, etc., we felt the comfortable bus was the way to go. When we arrived at the peir, we drove by all the pax waiting to drop off. More importantly, we were amongst the first people off the ship. Why not start your vacation a little early, and let someone else do the driving.

Archived