Contact Information About The Sky 7/21

HappyTRIPs

Does Anyone Have Contact Information For The Ncl Complaint Dept? I Have The Customer Relationship Phone Number. I Need To Let Them Know Of My Family Concerns Regarding The Cruise We Took 7/21. I Have Read That There Are E-mail Addresses For Corporate. Does Anyone Have This To Share? I Was Intent On A Cruise 10/17 On The Sky For 3 Nights But After This Event I Have Reconsidered. This Is My First With Ncl And I Have Read So Many Good Things About Them But They Sure Have Not Lived Up.:(

I sent Mr. Gladding an email @ 1 AM and have not heard from him via email or phone yet. I am assuming he is very busy handling all the "issues" from our cruise on 7-21 and am going to give him 24 hours.

You should also send them a letter via snail mail at their corporate headquarters in Miami. They seem to prefer regular mail to emails. I also suggest you send the letter via certified mail, so that you have proof that they received it. Good luck!

Thanks to all of you I will try the numbers, e-mail and snail mail a copy -certified. I know you all had concerns after the cruise. I think it can only help the ones who come behind for us to express these needs for change. I felt sorry for the newbie staff and newbie cruisers who were not prepared for such frustrations. I hope they will both hang in there. I saw so may new staff with that deer in the headlights look. I did not express too many concerns to my daughter because she had only done one cruise 11 years ago and this one was for her birthday. I wanted her to enjoy and not feel negative. We did have AC so for that I feel blessed.;)

I was contacted by a very nice lady Vashty. She informed me they have received my email and have opened a file for me. I should have a written response in 5-7 days 10 at the latest. She said 5-7 because they are responding quickly to this situation. I like the tone NCL has started to take in regards to future and past passengers. I hope this is a sign of things to come for the SKY.

I was contacted by a very nice lady Vashty. She informed me they have received my email and have opened a file for me. I should have a written response in 5-7 days 10 at the latest. She said 5-7 because they are responding quickly to this situation. I like the tone NCL has started to take in regards to future and past passengers. I hope this is a sign of things to come for the SKY.

I spoke to the same young lady yesterday. She is very nice and polite, not like Marcel, the first person I encountered at NCL's customer relations dept. He definately left something to be desired. She gave me the exact same response so I expect a written reply any day now.

Good luck to all!

I e-mailed: cgladding@ncl.com, on Sunday late night and got a return call from her Monday morning. I gave her my cabin numbers and she said that she does not have the entire list of affected cabins, but if mine were on the list, we would be moved, as every affected cabin is closed until they are fixed and no one will be staying in any of them. She also said that almost 1/4 of the affected cabins have already been fixed and that by the time I sail (8/15) they will most likely have all if not most fixed. I am sure they are on top of things after all of the complaints.

tnroche....glad to hear that as we sail on 8/15 as well. So far mafig from here on the boards stayed in the same room we have and reported all was well. Fingers crossed it stays that way. :)

We have two weeks or so, and hopefully we will FREEZE from too much a/c and gain 10 lbs from so much good food. :)

I sent 2 e-mails. One to Crane Gladding, Vice President Passenger Services cgladding@ncl.com and one to Colin Veitch, President and Chief Executive Officer cveitch@ncl.com. I only heard from the President' office. His assistant Mario Daguilar 1(800)456-7298 ext. 7638 called me to assure me that my cabin was not affected. He also said that I could not cancel my Aug. 22 cruise (unless, of course, I don't mind the penalties).

My favorite expression that I always see on these boards is "a day at sea is better than a day at work". I'm all for that one!

I think all of us that are sailing should come back and poist reviews ASAP (good or bad). There are so many posts with bad opinions (those people are right in posting, don't get me wrong because I would have had I not had AC or toilets) but when you have a good time, you tend to just go on and forget about the posts. I am hoping that when the next set of people get off on Friday, they have a better experience and post it. I am very excited about our trip!

I e-mailed: cgladding@ncl.com, on Sunday late night and got a return call from her Monday morning. I gave her my cabin numbers and she said that she does not have the entire list of affected cabins, but if mine were on the list, we would be moved, as every affected cabin is closed until they are fixed and no one will be staying in any of them. She also said that almost 1/4 of the affected cabins have already been fixed and that by the time I sail (8/15) they will most likely have all if not most fixed. I am sure they are on top of things after all of the complaints.

Glad to hear that you received a return call after you sent an email. Just to clarify, cgladding is a male not a a female so he must have passed your email along if a woman responded to your email. :)

I got the same response. They will notify me in 7 days. They have opened a file. It was sent to customer relations. I will let the response be know when I hear. Maybe this can help others to have a better cruise--I hope

Hi- I did the same thing as others, emailed Crane Gladding with our concerns about our cruise on 7/21, and got a phone call back from Vashti saying I'd get a letter in 5 to 7 days. Nothing has arrived yet, has anyone else gotten a response?

I haven't gotten my written response yet, though I was told it was sent on Saturday. However, I called my Cruise Consultant yesterday to see if any additional credit was showing up in my Lattitudes account and sure enough, there is $152 on my account and on my husband's. That is in addition to the original $101 they gave us before so we now have $506 in future cruise credits. My cruise consultant told me that if they sent me a coupon for say 20% off a future cruise that wouldn't show up in my Lattitudes account so they may have sent something else but since I haven't gotten the actual letter yet all I know about is the $506 in future cruise credits.

Anybody else hear anything???

Well it can't hurt to call and ask even if 7 days haven't passed yet. Just call your PCC and ask him or her to look at your Lattitudes account to see if you have any future cruise credit. They will be able to tell you. Just keep in mind that if you took advantage of the "kids cruise free" promo (like we did) the kids won't have credit in their Lattitudes account since they didn't pay any cruise fare, which of course, is fair.

I called them again this morning since I still haven't received my letter and they said they sent it out Saturday. Since their offices are only about 25 miles away from me it really should have been here by now. In talking with the nice girl that answered the phone we found out that we are practically neighbors as we only live about 15 blocks away from eachother. Small world huh? I joked with her and asked her if she could just print out the letter and bring it home with her so I can get it, LOL. She said if I didn't get it in today's mail to call her back and we would work something out. How nice of her!

So, I guess I'll have to wait for today's mail and see. The post lady should be here in about 4 hours. I'll keep you posted.

I just wanted to let you know that I got the NCL mail today. It basically apologized for the trouble we went through and offered us the credit we already knew about through our PCC. Basically 20% of what we paid had been offered as future cruise credit to everyone but they increased it for us to 50%. So, in total we were given $508 in future cruise credit plus the onboard credit that we got on the Sky. I think that was fair. I think they addressed the issue and I will definately sail on NCL again. :)

I just wanted to let you know that I got the NCL mail today. It basically apologized for the trouble we went through and offered us the credit we already knew about through our PCC. Basically 20% of what we paid had been offered as future cruise credit to everyone but they increased it for us to 50%. So, in total we were given $508 in future cruise credit plus the onboard credit that we got on the Sky. I think that was fair. I think they addressed the issue and I will definately sail on NCL again. :)

Pleased to know that you have had a satisfactory outcome to the messed up cruise :)

Blackerbys, glad to hear everything worked out for you. Have you got the next cruise booked yet? :)

I have a question about the jeep tour in Freeport, did they pick you up from the ship and take you to Port Lucaya? We found an independent that leaves and drops off from there but some one else on the Bahamas thread said they could not get any independants to book them, they had to go through the ship. I really want to do some shopping at Port Lucaya so am hoping this is the same tour company. Or coming back, did they bring you right to the ship or give you the option of getting off at Port Lucaya.

Blackerbys, glad to hear everything worked out for you. Have you got the next cruise booked yet? :)

I have a question about the jeep tour in Freeport, did they pick you up from the ship and take you to Port Lucaya? We found an independent that leaves and drops off from there but some one else on the Bahamas thread said they could not get any independants to book them, they had to go through the ship. I really want to do some shopping at Port Lucaya so am hoping this is the same tour company. Or coming back, did they bring you right to the ship or give you the option of getting off at Port Lucaya.

Haha, you bet I have my next cruise booked. Just look at my siggy, we are going to Alaska on the Pearl! And now that I have the additional credit I may just have to book the 2 nighter on the Pearl in October. I couldn't possibly make it until next May without sailing again... :)

As for the jeep, we booked it through the ship. However, we didn't go to Port Lucaya. Not sure which jeep company does that. The one that we booked through the ship was very convenient. They picked us up in a large, nice, air-conditioned bus and took us to the jeeps. When our tour ended they brought us back to the pier, only this time they bus did not have a/c and wasn't as nice. It was a lot of driving but DH and I wound up with our own jeep (normally there are 4 per jeep) and we had a great time!

Glad you got what you hoped for. We are sailing Sky in March. Can you tell me what the problems with cabins were. I am guessing airconditioning.

We had a horrible experience on a RCCL sailing from Hawaii to the west coast a few years ago. All we got for our trouble was a form letter. We had another RCCL cruise booked at the time and didn't cancel it, and we are glad about that because our other cruises on RCCL have been fine. NCL is still one of our favorite cruiselines.

Glad to hear that your satisfied with the outcome.

Archived