Some help please - getting around in Cozumel

volksgirl64

I apologize if this has been answered before. I searched the boards for quite and while and didn't see it anywhere.

My friends and I will be in Cozumel in January. My original plan was to do some shopping in the morning and then get some lunch at Carlos 'n Charlies or Pancho's Backyard before heading to PB. We talked about making some other stops as well, to do some bar hopping.

I've seen the suggestions to do PB first and shopping after, but we like to drink and I'd rather do shopping in the morning while I'm still "clear-headed". ;)

My question is, looking at the map, from the International pier (we're on RCCL) it looks like San Miguel is North-ish, and PB is south-ish. Does it make sense to make a quick stop at the pier to drop off packages before heading to PB? I've seen that it's about $12-15 from the pier to PB, how much into town?

Also, where is the shopping center (I forgot it's name already, 3 words...) located? It's the one that wraps around to Pancho's, I believe.

Thanks so much for the help.

Yes, shopping is north of the piers, PB is south. I would start with a cab ride to Cinco Soles, (yes Pancho's is here) which has the greatest variety and fair prices. The taxi will be $6 for up to four passengers. From there you can wander south, shopping along the way. The food is much better at Pancho's than at Carlos 'n' Charlie's, but there are several other restaurants along the way. From the center plaza ask for directions to Sonora Grill. Their food is excellent and they make a mean margarita. It's a much quieter place than CnC, though, so if you want to party, continue on the CnC. From there take a taxi to the ship to drop off purchases ($4) and take another to PB ($13).

As an alternative, shop at Cinco Soles and that area, drop off your purchases at the ship and head to PB for lunch and drinks, and a great beach. Their food is terrific and the drinks will make everyone happy!

Enjoy!

Thanks so much, Sally! I'm really looking forward to spending the day in Cozumel and you've put my mind at ease.

I'm going to look for some school supplies to bring for the children, I'll leave them at PB when I get there. Scissors and calculators if I can find them!

I think I may have to rethink my plan for Cozumel. I didn't realize that Carlos 'n Charlie's was so close to Pancho's and Los Cinco Soles...

Looks like PB in the morning, shopping and Pancho's, C&C's and then back to the ship. I'm assuming that we will need a taxi back to the International Pier from town.

Thanks for the help though.

Archived