Dining on the Diamond

paulli

I was reading in another post on this board that someone was able to reserve a table in one of the four themed dining rooms on the Diamond for the entire week so they could have the same table staff and they were able to choose from any of the theme menus as well as the ship menu. Is this standard? I understood that when you were in theme restaurant you have the choice between that theme menu and the ship’s menu. Having the choice of any theme menu if you reserve a space in one of the themed restaurants is new to me and I hope it is generally done.

The thing I like about personal choice dining on Princess is you can try several tables and then when you find your favorite wait staff, then you can reserve a spot in their section for the remainder of the cruise. However on the Diamond with the themed dining rooms, if you reserved a space in a themed dining room, I assumed that you would be stuck with that theme menu and of course the ship’s menu. Perhaps that is not the case.

Thanks, Paul

There was a thread recently that had a link to an article reviewing the dining options on the Diamond, and in the article it said that although they don't advertise it, you can order from the other dining rooms' menus. I can't remember what website the article was on, though.

We were in the Sterling on the Sapphire and I tried to get a serving of the Kahula Rice Pudding (which is served in the Santa Fe) for my 88 year old mother. The waiter said he was not allowed to do this. I asked to see the Table Captain...after politely begging and pleading with him the answer was still NO.

We got whatever we wanted on the Diamond, as long as it was being made on the ship that night. For instance: One night they had a salad with a low-fat garlic dressing that was out of this world. However, the next night it was unavailable simply because they weren't making it that night. Kaula Rice Pudding was available every night because they make it every night, and it's coming from the same kitchen as Pacific Moon (the restaurants are adjacent). We also got things from Sterling, and Vivaldi, because they are only one floor up in the kitchen right above, so it was never an issue.

Our boys on the Diamond could not do enough for us, which has been my experience on Princess for the past 20+ years (ahmahgawd I suddenly feel old), which is one of the reasons I keep sailing with them.

How odd they refused such a simple request on her sister ship.

Archived