Age to Cruise for babies

Fran&Tom

We are planning on a family reunion next summer out of the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area and have a new grandchild due in early January. I know Carnival won't let babies cruise before 6 months - does anyone know abot RCCL? We wanted a June cruise- so this would make the baby about 5 months.

Thanks,

Fran

We are planning on a family reunion next summer out of the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area and have a new grandchild due in early January. I know Carnival won't let babies cruise before 6 months - does anyone know abot RCCL? We wanted a June cruise- so this would make the baby about 5 months.

Thanks,

Fran

I think RCCL recently changed theirs to 6 months also...

Thanks,

Fran

6 months

Consider going in July/August. Cheaper prices and the baby will be old enough. The only thing you have to worry about is hurricanes - but usually they just change your itinerary.

At this point, everyone has a minimum of at least 6 months for the Caribbean itinerary (12 months for trans atlantic and other longer cruises).

The only line that doesn't is Disney, they still allow 12 week infants onboard.

I agree with Sas - switch the sailing date one month.

MSC doesn't have an age minimum either, (AND kids are free - 2 kids per 2 paying adults - you just pay govt taxes). We will be cruising with our soon-to-be born (and 4 older kids) in Jan. The baby will be about 4 months then.

J

MSC has been getting some bad reviews though. :(

• Administrators
Should I start a new thread on this? BUT I'm wondering....what kind of bad reviews are they getting? We were starting to consider them for our next cruise.....

Thanks!

Here's a link to the Member Review page for all MSC ships. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=cl&cl=MSC%20Cruises

To the OP here, please take into consideration why the cruiselines have these policies about age limits for infants (and why RCCL recently increased theirs). The tiny ones can pick up illnesses so easily, especially in crowds, and no cruiseship, not even Disney, has the same type of hospital facilities and emergency medical assistance you can find on land. Here's a link to the CC story about the highly-publicized incident with RCCL and an ill/dehydrated infant -- http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2546

Not that this is unique to infants, as Cruisinmama06 sometimes posts about an incident with her daughter, but the wee ones can so south in such a hurry... just wait a little bit until you meet the age limits the cruise line is comfortable handling?

Not that this is unique to infants, as Cruisinmama06 sometimes posts about an incident with her daughter, but the wee ones can so south in such a hurry... just wait a little bit until you meet the age limits the cruise line is comfortable handling?

Yeah my daughter was an infant at the time. She was only 8 months old during her medevac. :(

And can you believe it took me 4 years to take her back on Disney? It took this long to get me over the trauma. :( She doesn't remember anything about it but I sure do.

gkrnjlr - MichelleP already gave you the link to the member reviews. Those would be the ones I was reading. I know people sometimes are just picky, but I think in these reviews, there were so many negatives, shared overall by the members, that I would not want to do them.

Archived