Have any of you ever booked a Family Suite?

Sandyrella

I'm just wondering what the equivalent category would be in terms of cost. There are no plans (that I can find) on the Princess site and you can't price the stateroom without calling Princess or I suppose a travel agent (which I would prefer not to do at this point).

I'm curious...that's all.

Thanks,

Sandy

I'm just wondering what the equivalent category would be in terms of cost. There are no plans (that I can find) on the Princess site and you can't price the stateroom without calling Princess or I suppose a travel agent (which I would prefer not to do at this point).

I'm curious...that's all.

Thanks,

Sandy

The family suite price is the same as a full suite price, somewhere just under the VS suite level if memory serves me correctly.

Even though it is more or less a mini suite with an inside stateroom attached by a common living room with an extra sofa. It is not designed like other full suites such as no wet bar, no jacuzzi tub, etc. It does give the passengers full suite amenities but the price is extremely high for this suite. Also, the balcony can be unuseable when out at sea as the wind can get very bad being at the front of the ship.

I would call princess for currect pricing if you are actually interested.

There have been several CC members lately that had booked a mini suite with an inside across the hall and were upgraded to the family suite. Some are satisfied with this upgrade (they gave up the two staterooms booked to receive it) and some have been slightly disappointed and glad they didn't pay the actual price these family suites would be if booking them.

my sister had one of these on Grand Princess, if you get an upgrade offer to one, take it...otherwise you'd be better off to book a mini suite and a seperate inside and save several thousand dollars! The only really good part here is that you get full suite perks.

You can find the pricing by going to the Princess site and going through the procedure to book a cruise, but without actually completing the booking. If you have sailed with Princess before, you will need to enter your Captain's Circle number to see the best pricing.

Thanks for all the responses. My questions have been answered. I guess I really just wanted to know if we were better off in the family suite or booking a balcony or mini suite with a cross hall inside cabin. I thought that maybe having the 3,4,5 passengers in the same cabin might save us a bit of money but it seems not. I wouldn't even bother with two connecting balconies since my kids are older now.

With that said, if I was offered an upgrade/upsell, I would seriously consider it!

Thanks again,

Sandy

Archived