Visiting 3 - 9 on Liberty with kids is there time for a beach?

cruisingwith6

Closest beach is near the Normadie hotel (about 10mins by taxi), better beaches are in Isla Verde (about 20mins by taxi) - public beaches will close at 5pm (ammenities etc.) and most people will leave around that time.

Don't forget that Old San Juan has 2 fantastic forts that are well worth checking out - might be a better option than just an hour or so at a beach.

More ideas at my Puerto Rico travel blog http://www.visit-the-coqui.com

It looks like you are in port on a Monday, all the balnearios (government run beaches) are closed.

On other days, the balneario beach in OSJ is called Escambron. It is a protected cove, with lifeguards and facilities. It is a great option for people with kids. But not for you on this trip.

The beaches at Isla Verde are larger, but public. No facilities (bathrooms, lifeguards or showers etc). The one behind ESJ Towers has people that rent water sports equipment. Nice beach, but as Coqui said about a 20 min cab ride. You can stay as long as you like (they don't close), but after 4-5pm, the sand fleas start biting.

I am confused!:confused: Is this beach open on Mon. or not???:confused: Thanks for any help!

Believe me- it is more confusing than you know!

I called today, from May-Aug, the beach is open 7 days/week. The rest of the year they are closed Mon and Tues.

I updated my article to reflect that.

Archived