Embarkation Day Afternoon Tea

sfo-john

Does anyone know if there is tea in the Queen's Room on sailing day for a transatlantic on the QM2? I know that there is on the QE2 and I know that it's available in the King's Court on QM2 for that day. I seem to have heard conflicting information regarding the Queen's Room for that day, though. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is tea in the Queen's Room on sailing day for a transatlantic on the QM2? I know that there is on the QE2 and I know that it's available in the King's Court on QM2 for that day. I seem to have heard conflicting information regarding the Queen's Room for that day, though. Thanks!

There was no embarkation day tea on 14th July 2008, when the ship left Southampton.

But the next day, also an embarkation day, there was.

I heard reports that it would have been better had there not been however.

Bluey

Thanks for the replies. On the QE2 they did it from the time of boarding in the Queens Room. Kind of an extended tea. It really made a great impression and it was a treat to be served like that after trudging to the ship and messing around with luggage, etc.

You really felt like you'd arrived. Well there are plenty of opportunities for tea during the crossing, but I always loved that first day of pampering.

It's been said that embarkation of the Queen Mary 2 often takes place quite early: noon or so. If afternoon tea is not served, is there any food service available or do passengers have to wait for dinner? On our April crossing on QE2, we went to the Lido about two o'clock and had a bit of lunch. As previously indicated, tea was later served in the Queen's Room. (There was no risk of going hungry on that embarkation day!)

Archived