Sky 4day (Live from the Sky) Long...

5davisfamily

The bottom line is.... we had a great time and would do it again! We have been on nicer ships with better food, and we have been on worse. I really think you get what you pay for and this was worth the money we paid, but I wouldn't compare it to other 5+ star ships, it just wouldn't be fair. The staff was great, the food was good, and the ship was clean. Our Balcony room was small, A/C was great. There was some evidecence of plumbing problems. Our toilet did not flush one of the 4 days, but they came and fixed it as well as the shower that backed up (as mentioned in an earlier post), but they fixed that also. We brought our own soda and asked them to empy the fridge, which they promptly did. We did not have a coffee maker in our room. (To anwser someones question.) We were in cabins 0017 and 0018 that were adjoining. We did have towel animals two nights, and our cabin steward was very nice and helpful.

Resturants: We found that going to eat as close to 5:30-6:00 made things go faster. It only took 45mins to an hour to eat, but if you go later it takes longer!!! Also, don't wear shorts to the main dining rooms! They will not let you in! Formal night is the second night on the 4day, and it is in Crossing, not Palace.(We went to the wrong one!!!)

Party: if you want a t-shirt for the "White Hot Party" don't wait too late or they will all be gone! Don't wait until the last night to buy your pictures, it will get really crowed.

On Great stirup Cay: If you go to the right it is much closer to the food, and less crowed, but the water is shallower and there are sea urchins that hurt when you step on them! My husband and son snorkled both areas and are living proof that it really hurts to step on them!!! We loved this Island and really enjoyed our day there. We rented a Giant round float for $25 and the whole family (almost) could fit on it! It does get crowed between 11:00 and 3:00. My advise it to go early and leave early!

Nassau: Took a taxi to Atlantis, but couldn't see much without being on a tour. Was a waste of time, and really hot. We just went back to the ship and took a much needed nap!

Freeport: Took a taxi to the beach and did our own snorkel tour. We haggeld with them and all 6 of us went for under $100 and taxi was $60 round trip for our party.

Kids: My 7 year old son and 9 year old daughter did not like the Kids club. It was crowed. (Due to the kids go free!) My 13 year old daughter and her friend LOVED the teen club!! They never wanted to leave.

Getting on and off the ship was a breeze! The beds are VERY VERY firm!!!

We had a great time and are already planing our next cruise!!!

Thanks for posting! My four day cruise on Sky is in 16 days - and I really appreciate the info. After the first disastrous reports we were getting very anxious, but it looks like things are somewhat better. I'm keeping my expectations low and my outlook cheery!

The bottom line is.... we had a great time and would do it again! We have been on nicer ships with better food, and we have been on worse. I really think you get what you pay for and this was worth the money we paid, but I wouldn't compare it to other 5+ star ships, it just wouldn't be fair. The staff was great, the food was good, and the ship was clean. Our Balcony room was small, A/C was great. There was some evidecence of plumbing problems. Our toilet did not flush one of the 4 days, but they came and fixed it as well as the shower that backed up (as mentioned in an earlier post), but they fixed that also. We brought our own soda and asked them to empy the fridge, which they promptly did. We did not have a coffee maker in our room. (To anwser someones question.) We were in cabins 0017 and 0018 that were adjoining. We did have towel animals two nights, and our cabin steward was very nice and helpful.

Resturants: We found that going to eat as close to 5:30-6:00 made things go faster. It only took 45mins to an hour to eat, but if you go later it takes longer!!! Also, don't wear shorts to the main dining rooms! They will not let you in! Formal night is the second night on the 4day, and it is in Crossing, not Palace.(We went to the wrong one!!!)

Party: if you want a t-shirt for the "White Hot Party" don't wait too late or they will all be gone! Don't wait until the last night to buy your pictures, it will get really crowed.

On Great stirup Cay: If you go to the right it is much closer to the food, and less crowed, but the water is shallower and there are sea urchins that hurt when you step on them! My husband and son snorkled both areas and are living proof that it really hurts to step on them!!! We loved this Island and really enjoyed our day there. We rented a Giant round float for $25 and the whole family (almost) could fit on it! It does get crowed between 11:00 and 3:00. My advise it to go early and leave early!

Nassau: Took a taxi to Atlantis, but couldn't see much without being on a tour. Was a waste of time, and really hot. We just went back to the ship and took a much needed nap!

Freeport: Took a taxi to the beach and did our own snorkel tour. We haggeld with them and all 6 of us went for under $100 and taxi was $60 round trip for our party.

Kids: My 7 year old son and 9 year old daughter did not like the Kids club. It was crowed. (Due to the kids go free!) My 13 year old daughter and her friend LOVED the teen club!! They never wanted to leave.

Getting on and off the ship was a breeze! The beds are VERY VERY firm!!!

We had a great time and are already planing our next cruise!!!

Thanks for your review. And just a note that the "SkY' is only rated as a 3 3 1/2 star

Thanks for all of the information. We are looking at taking the same cruise. One question I do have is: We were on the Spirit in 2007 and my kids loved The Blue Lagoon from what I see there isn't one on the Sky but what is the cafe that you can eat at until late hours of the night and what do they serve?

Thanks for all of the information. We are looking at taking the same cruise. One question I do have is: We were on the Spirit in 2007 and my kids loved The Blue Lagoon from what I see there isn't one on the Sky but what is the cafe that you can eat at until late hours of the night and what do they serve?

The Great Outdoor Cafe is open until 12mn, and then you can get food in the Longboard Lounge until 5am as well as room service. Hope that helps!

I am aware that it is only a 3.5 star rating. I felt in some earlier reviews that people were comparing it to a 5 star, which it is not.

What do you consider a "5 star?" Regent? Oceania? Azamara? Lines that charge three times as much? HAL and Celebrity certainly are not.

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had a good trip. (Thanks too for the warning about watching your step on the beach at GSC!)

ee

If your going to cruise this aug..just give my regards to the bartender named ARMAN and ask for a free drinks;)

What do you consider a "5 star?" Regent? Oceania? Azamara? Lines that charge three times as much? HAL and Celebrity certainly are not.

The Jade, Pearl. Gem, POA and Star are all 4.5 the rest of the fleet is 3.5 or 4.0

Frankly I don't know what the star system means. As for the other lines I have never checked them.

We book based on itinerary.

Archived