Sky Suite 6146 Connie

sailorgirl

Anyone seen or sailed in this Sky Suite before? It adjoins the Penthouse Suite at the stern and the info says it has "standard balcony doors". What does that mean? Is this an undesirable suite? Thanks for any input.

I have a couple pictures of the room on the Summit. The standard door swings open rather than sliding.

look here: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/2519696_B9PcP#66395119_mNMSD

Also try searching on the forum for 6146 or 6145 - I've seen other pictures that show the wonderful bathroom with both a tub and a huge shower. We were going to stay in that room once, but cancelled and took a lower cost CC room.

Most people consider this a highly desirable suite. It is larger than average and decorated like the penthouse and not like a "normal" sky suite. I've read two minor points on these boards although I've not stayed in the room so I've not experienced them: 1) has an adjoining door to penthouse which, like all adjoining doors, could be a sound issue if the people on the other side are noisy when you're trying to be quiet, and 2) Supposedly the closets (hanging space) are smaller than a typical sky suite. Don't know how they compare with a standard room.

Thank you so very much LSIMON for your comments and the photos, as well as directing me to the forum for those rooms. Everything I'd ever want to know and then some! Since it was the last sky suite available on this particular cruise, I'm holding it for now while I consider other options.

Thank you so very much LSIMON for your comments and the photos, as well as directing me to the forum for those rooms. Everything I'd ever want to know and then some! Since it was the last sky suite available on this particular cruise, I'm holding it for now while I consider other options.

We were in this cabin this past Sept and loved it. You will want to keep it, we heard no noise from the Penthouse. The butler is the head butler so you will be in for a treat. The bathroom is to die for so hugh. We love this room and would get it again if we could!:)

Pam

If I were going for a sky suite on an M Class ship and this room was available I'd grab it. Personally I'm surprised it is the last one available - I'd guess that this is due to your picking it up right after a cancellation. These are normally the first rooms to go.

Archived