Sally or Solita...

Cotton

A couple of years ago, I had margaritas and quesadillas at a little cafe right at the edge of Plaza del Sol. I think it was the first cafe on the right, coming from the water and the big flag (LOVE that flag!)......do either of you know the name of it? It was a little al fresco place, and was great to sit there and people-watch. I was also lucky enough to see some wonderful singers/dancers performing in the square.

Also, are there certain times during the day when these performers are in the square? Thx.:)

There are two places side by side at the location you mention. The first, closest to the ocean, is Plaza Leza and the second is Dorados de Villa, or the other way around. Both offer pretty much the same fare.

There's really no set schedule for performers in the plaza, beyond the traditional Sunday night. As we approach high season, more and more performers will compete for your "appreciation".

Ah, I love Mexico!

Thx Sally. I did show my appreciation to the performers. I had 20 one-dollar bills with me, and gave them all to the younger ones. Big smiles all around. It was a fun time.

BTW, I envy you living on Cozumel. Have wondered how you ended up there? I truly wish I had moved to an island years ago, but too old to make a change at this point.;)

It's never too late, although living and working in paradise is different from a one day visit or a week's vacation.

I first came to Cozumel on vacation with my boyfriend in 1994. He later became my husband and is now my good friend and ex. We continued to vacation here until winters in Pennsylvania drove us to research how to escape forever! The idea was to build a business that did not yet exist in Cozumel, and to do it right. Thus the birth of Cozumel Minigolf in 1998, one of the most beautiful miniature golf courses in the world.

As much fun as minigolf is as a business, my desire to return to bodywork prompted me to sell my half of the business to our friend J.R., who was looking for semi-retirement in Cozumel anyway. He and Scott make a great team, with fresh energy and new ideas. I understand their new website should be up shortly, and will post a link when I have one.

My new path is an exciting one. I have years of Cozumel experience behind me to help with the launching of my new endeavor. I'm proud to say it is going quite well!

Thank you for asking how I ended up here. I don't think I've told my story in a while...

Tom/Sally - I'm assuming y'all are friends!?:D

Sally, I can't help but think it would be much better to be "Cotton, barefoot in Cozumel" than "Cotton, highheeled in Mississippi.":eek: (I live beachfront in Gulfport, but it 'sho ain't the same'....!)

Archived