US Libya relations improve

cruisemom42

Apparently the US and Libya have just signed a deal regarding compensation for terrorist actions, and the US is set to resume full diplomatic relations with Libya.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i1FZQIBaoyZZHlzV-Nu6Ul9xnM0Q

Hopefully this will pave the way for more cruises to stop in Libya. Maybe I will finally get to visit Leptis Magna!

They have been stopping on and off in Libya since 2006. Tha main problem is they(Libya) don't want to let anyone or ship land if one person on the ship has a Israel stamp in their passport. so instead of this hassle most cruise ships have skipped Libyan ports. If Egypt can get over this Libya shouldn't be far behind...

Leptis Magna looks absolutely amazing! That would be a place my husband and I would absolutely love to see!

Hopefully it will be put back on itineraries in the near future - if you get there first Cruisemom - let us know all about it!!!

Thanks for the info!

Leptis Magna looks absolutely amazing! That would be a place my husband and I would absolutely love to see!

Hopefully it will be put back on itineraries in the near future - if you get there first Cruisemom - let us know all about it!!!

Thanks for the info!

I have a running list of ruins I want to visit -- my own sort of "bucket list" I suppose..... Leptis is supposed to be great and rest assured I'll get there and will write a review when I do!

Archived