Should Solo Cruisers Tip Extra?

xon fedaa

Kristen,

I see you were on Explorer to Bermuda, did you enjoy it? In 2009 I'm "breaking" my Explorer habit (last 3 cruises have been on EX) and going on other ships but will miss it.

I hadn't really thought about the faster services issue b/c the bartenders on EX quickly get to know their customers and are putting my soda on the bar as I walk up. It is the same with my evening martini or champagne, LOL!

I loved the Explorer and Bermuda! I'm thinking of going back on the exact same cruise!! Maybe I'm picking up your 'bad' habit!!! I never made it into parts of the ship (or even outside at night once I discovered I shouldn't go out after dressing for dinner, because I'd have to go straight back to my cabin to fix my hair again!!!). As much as I think another ship would be good, some possible limits on vacation time and need to have low-stress travel I'll end up right back!!

I don't drink much, so I can't say anything about the bartenders! I don't recall which cruise line the person with the extra $1's was sailing on.

I loved the Explorer and Bermuda! I'm thinking of going back on the exact same cruise!! Maybe I'm picking up your 'bad' habit!!! I never made it into parts of the ship (or even outside at night once I discovered I shouldn't go out after dressing for dinner, because I'd have to go straight back to my cabin to fix my hair again!!!). As much as I think another ship would be good, some possible limits on vacation time and need to have low-stress travel I'll end up right back!!

I don't drink much, so I can't say anything about the bartenders! I don't recall which cruise line the person with the extra $1's was sailing on.

LOL, my first cruise on EX I didn't see half of it, completely missed Johnny Rockets, that whole area in the back with the rock climbing wall, golf, etc. and the Maharaja (sp?) Lounge. I totally get the hair issue, mine goes frizzy, but I would recommend hitting the Solarium the night they turn it into a disco, everyone looks slightly frizzy and windblown so it doesn't matter.:eek: EX is habit forming and since I assume you live (Rhode Island, right?) within driving distance it would be even more attractive. For me it is a matter of better weather. Since I have to fly to the east coast I may as well to go Miami and get warm weather from day one, as opposed to losing a couple days on both ends of my cruise to the North Atlantic. The great news is EX is moving to Miami in 2010, after drydock, so I'll be back on her sometime in 2010. :D

Yes, I'm in Rhode Island and I prefer the bus to driving...it's so easy!!! Hop on the bus, take out my book :D, I'm set for the ride!!! And no worries about lost luggage! :) But if you have to take a plane anyway, you might as well get off where it's warmer!!

When I arrived on the ship, I took a big walk around and found the rock wall, Johnny Rockets, the helicopter pad, the theater, the chapel, the kid's zone, the dining room, etc. I looked at just about everything that was open!! (I missed the movie theatre, which one of the couples I had dinner with found and Maharaja's, which I found later). Then I went to my cabin and sat there for a while, wondering what to do until dinner..until...duh:o...I remembered to go out on deck for sailaway!!! :D

I had the late dinner seating, which worked out well. But by the time I was done with dinner and a show or something afterward, I was beat and ready for bed most of the time! (I never dropped my normal 6 am wake up...even if I did stay in bed for a while after that!). I'll have to check out the Solarium some night next time (after dinner!).

Archived