Radiance South America

I have done a lot of research on the South America Board and elsewhere and and everthing I have read says to be sure and get on the Starboard (right) side of the ship for a cruise from Buenos Aires to Valpariso to get the best view of the glaciers and other scenery. We have a choice between cabin 9258(port) and 9658(starboard). So it seems only logical to take 9658. These are both aft cabins but the way the ship curves around in the back it seems that I would get much more of a starboard view if I am in 9658. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

I have done a lot of research on the South America Board and elsewhere and and everthing I have read says to be sure and get on the Starboard (right) side of the ship for a cruise from Buenos Aires to Valpariso to get the best view of the glaciers and other scenery. We have a choice between cabin 9258(port) and 9658(starboard). So it seems only logical to take 9658. These are both aft cabins but the way the ship curves around in the back it seems that I would get much more of a starboard view if I am in 9658. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

Here is a picture to help you decide. Any aft cabin on Radiance will give you a good view for both port and starboard viewing.

You might want to check this link out also............discussing aft cabins on Radiance http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=819887

Radiancestern.jpg

We sailed Valparaiso to Santos, Brazil on Splendour. We had an aft cabin on deck 9, top deck on Splendour. We don't like aft cabins and this cruise confirmed our feelings. You'll have good views, but you just get to see where you've been, not where you are going. For your trip, stbd will be best, but with an aft it doesn't make that much difference. If you had a regular port side cabin, you would have to go on deck passing Cape Horn in order to see the marker. We are sailing Valparaiso to San Diego on Radiance in April and we have a cabin on the stbd side at the front of the hump.

You can see our South America photo album at http://family.webshots.com/album/564695088icbspV All the photos taken in the fjords, Straits of Magellan and cruising Cape Horn were taken from our aft balcony.

Archived