Ice buckets in the staterooms

minncruisers

Does anyone know how often the ice buckets are cleaned, or if they're ever cleaned? On our last cruise DH needed additional ice and saw our room steward in the hallway and asked him for some more. The steward took ours, replaced it with another that was on his cart and filled it up. DH found this unsavory because he assumed the bucket came from another stateroom that was previously cleaned thinking the buckets could possibly be rotated among the rooms.:confused: After that DH never used any ice.

Wouldn't it be more sanitary to use those plastic bags that are found in hotels? Considering the effort Carnival has gone to in order to reduce virus contamination throughout their ships this would be a safer solution, albeit a little more costly.

I'm a clean freak, and I've never thought about it... I know that whenever ice has melted in mine, I pour the water out, and would certainly notice anything icky. I assume the janitorial service cleans these between cruises, in something akin to a dishwasher with very hot water. BTW, I'm also an optimist.:)

Archived