Great Cruise! Enchantment Aug.14-18

My hubby surprised me with a cruise for our 3 year anniversary....he told me Tuesday night and we left Thursday morning! Talk about a surprise -- he even had been in contact with my bosses to make sure it could happen! Wow - didn't know he had it in him!

We went on Enchantment..which is special to us b/c it was my first cruise (I thought I would hate it!!). We originally went with my husband's company for an awards cruise years ago..it was the last trip of the EOS before the "makeover."

It was the Western itinerary - Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico. Never been to Key West, so that was fun...just missed Storm Fay! It was HOT and we did a lot of walking! Walked Duval St and did some shopping, walked all the way down to the Southernmost Point and took pics. On the way back, stopped at the local artist's co-op and bought some black and white key west photos...beautiful! Went to Kermits and Sloppy Joes (the sloppy joes are incredible). Both great.

Cozumel - went to my favorite spot: Paradise Beach. The weather was perfect, the water was clear, service was stellar. Had some beer, diet cokes, guacamole (my fave) and fish tacos (also great) and stayed in the water nearly all day. Got a great tan :D

Didn't do any of the shows....seen them all and not really "into" doing that this time...mostly cruised the ship and watched the new movies in the room..very relaxing. Watched Fools Gold, Iron Man - 2 times!, Kung Fu Panda, and some other things...

The ship was clean, the service was good. We had "D" as our steward (great job and always greeted us by name in the hallway), Warren was our waiter (he was AWESOME & funny), and the head waiter was pretty visible..his name was Jacob from Isreal and he was such a gentleman and polite in an "old fashioned" way...very charming. On our Anniversary night, we went to Chops and had a wonderful meal (I was stuffed!) our waiters were superb and the manager, Sean, was also very accomodating. We didnt' have an "oceanview" seat, but a sweet little intimate spot in the corner...another family complained about the seating and were moved,but we enjoyed being all alone in our little corner (it was our anniversary, right? :p )

On our last day - sea day- my hubby did the Poker tournament (came in 3rd) and I sat in the solarium (my favorite spot on all RCI ships). It was less sunny this day and windy. I ended up going inside after a few hours due to the wind. Later, they closed the decks due to the high winds. We could feel the ship moving a bit, but nothing big...we survived much worse on the Mariner last year!

Our last day, it started raining and the storm was coming in. I felt bad for the next cruisers :( ....glad to be leaving that weather behind...flew back to Atlanta and had a little turbulence, but nothing too scary.

All in all, a great short vacation with a wonderful ship and staff! The dining room food was pretty good - cold soups stood out...nothing too great as far as entrees, but I never went hungry! Only ate WJ buffet a couple of times - and it was usual fare, but pretty good.

Thanks for the report and happy for both you and your dear husband, that he was able to pull off the surprise. you have a great man there, sounds like a real keeper to me!! Many more years of happiness and good health!!:D

My hubby surprised me with a cruise for our 3 year anniversary....he told me Tuesday night and we left Thursday morning! Talk about a surprise -- he even had been in contact with my bosses to make sure it could happen! Wow - didn't know he had it in him!

We went on Enchantment..which is special to us b/c it was my first cruise (I thought I would hate it!!). We originally went with my husband's company for an awards cruise years ago..it was the last trip of the EOS before the "makeover."

It was the Western itinerary - Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico. Never been to Key West, so that was fun...just missed Storm Fay! It was HOT and we did a lot of walking! Walked Duval St and did some shopping, walked all the way down to the Southernmost Point and took pics. On the way back, stopped at the local artist's co-op and bought some black and white key west photos...beautiful! Went to Kermits and Sloppy Joes (the sloppy joes are incredible). Both great.

Cozumel - went to my favorite spot: Paradise Beach. The weather was perfect, the water was clear, service was stellar. Had some beer, diet cokes, guacamole (my fave) and fish tacos (also great) and stayed in the water nearly all day. Got a great tan

Didn't do any of the shows....seen them all and not really "into" doing that this time...mostly cruised the ship and watched the new movies in the room..very relaxing. Watched Fools Gold, Iron Man - 2 times!, Kung Fu Panda, and some other things...

The ship was clean, the service was good. We had "D" as our steward (great job and always greeted us by name in the hallway), Warren was our waiter (he was AWESOME & funny), and the head waiter was pretty visible..his name was Jacob from Isreal and he was such a gentleman and polite in an "old fashioned" way...very charming. On our Anniversary night, we went to Chops and had a wonderful meal (I was stuffed!) our waiters were superb and the manager, Sean, was also very accomodating. We didnt' have an "oceanview" seat, but a sweet little intimate spot in the corner...another family complained about the seating and were moved,but we enjoyed being all alone in our little corner (it was our anniversary, right? )

On our last day - sea day- my hubby did the Poker tournament (came in 3rd) and I sat in the solarium (my favorite spot on all RCI ships). It was less sunny this day and windy. I ended up going inside after a few hours due to the wind. Later, they closed the decks due to the high winds. We could feel the ship moving a bit, but nothing big...we survived much worse on the Mariner last year!

Our last day, it started raining and the storm was coming in. I felt bad for the next cruisers ....glad to be leaving that weather behind...flew back to Atlanta and had a little turbulence, but nothing too scary.

All in all, a great short vacation with a wonderful ship and staff! The dining room food was pretty good - cold soups stood out...nothing too great as far as entrees, but I never went hungry! Only ate WJ buffet a couple of times - and it was usual fare, but pretty good.

Great review..:D I also was on the Same Cruise of Aug 14Th to 18Th and would agree that it was nice.. Jacob in the dinning room was funny in that sort of classy (Although expecting his tips kind of way :-) He told us on our first night in his soft whisper that if we should miss our early seating time for whatever reason to just ask for him and he would seat us at the later seating and to NOT FORGET to ALWAYS eating in the Dining room:eek: :D. On the Second night we ate at Chops which was great and then came night Three and back to the dining room.. Jacob waisted no time to stroll over to us to let us know how missed we were and wondered why we missed the prior night in the dining room. I really liked him and he did always remember my son's name which was nice.. Happy Anniversary and I would say your DH gave you a FINE gift.. Congrats..:D ;)

Archived