Accident on 8/17-8/24 carnival pride

sweetlouise

We just got home from the Mexican Riviera cruise on Carnival Pride. The first night, we were all in the Taj Mahal Lounge when a man ran up on stage and fell into the orchestra pit. I think it was about an 8-10 foot drop down to the floor. We saw this poor man just run up, fall in, and for a few seconds, staff just stood there staring because it all happened so fast. By the next day, rails were put up whenever the pit was opened and a sign saying not to go up.

Was anyone on this same cruise? And did you hear what happened to him? I know we slowed down as we passed by Cabo on Tuesday and had heard that someone was airlifted off. Just curious if it was him, or someone else ???

I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to run up on stage unless asked to do so.

Usually the staff is good at telling people to stay off of the stage and the rails are up.

I hope this guy is ok but let it be a lesson not to leave your brain at the check in desk. :(

Archived