Drink prices on Amonnia

kimberley

Can any one tell me the current wine package prices?

I sailed on the Opera last November when the prices were in dollars

Msc Classic $57

Msc Superior $116

Msc tintos $99

I know someone sailed on a ship in june when the prices were in euros and it appears the prices had doubled on their sailing.

Many thanks

Kimberley

Hi Kimberley

I found a posting by Booked dated 24th June 2008 who had just sailed on Musica. There was a list of all drink packages on the site.

Wine Packages were as follows: Classic 79 Eu.

Superior 129 Eu.

Prestige 139 Eu.

Its worth locating. I hope this helps.

It looks like the prices have doubled in less than a year or when the converted the euro in to dollars November 2007 they got it wrong. The classic was $57 or £30 to 79eu or £65!!! that is a huge difference. Perhaps I will have a alcohol free week!!

Kimberley

Kimberley, I'm going on the Lirica next week (from Dover) so I'll get you the up to date prices of wine packages. I rather suspect it will be much more expensive as the pound is fairly weak against the euro, whilst still reasonably strong againgst the dollar

No need to go alchol free though - other ways of saving money on alcohol on MSC are - the cocktail, martini or liquer coffee of the day. In the restausrant the house wine (by glass or carafe) is usually a lot cheaper than thee bottles on the wine list and ok if not fantastic. It also has the advantage of it being available in the dining room (ratrher than them sending someone for the bottles) so usually arrives quicker. Also go to the captain's cocktail parties - it's free there!

Archived