help with TPA to port transfers/soda run

tnic1031

Hello to everyone! I have a few questions I could not find doing a search. There will be 6 of us needing transfers from airport to pier. We would loke to stop and get sodas and water and maybe beer. Anyone book private transfers and ask to make a littel "detour". :D

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Tracie

I'd imagine, for a tip, that a privately arranged transfer would surely be willing to stop at a grocery store. There's a Sweetbay on Dale Mabry that is not much out of the way (just a couple of block detour). There's also a Publix just a few blocks from the cruise port, a little past the Convention Center. Both would be easily accessible (the Publix you could probably walk to if you had to).

If they can't or won't stop, there are a couple of other options. There is a convenience store about 2 blocks down Channelside Drive, at the corner of Channelside & Kennedy (from the cruiseport, walk a few steps to Channelside drive, turn right, the store is 2 blocks down on your left). They'd have sodas & bottled water, along with a typical convenience store beer selection. Alternatively, there is a wine shop within the Channelside complex (where the cruiseport is located). They do sell sodas, bottled water, and single beers (premium stuff - Stella, Guinness, Bass, etc, for $2.50 per).

Depending on the cruise line you are taking - beer, wine and liquor are not allowed to be brought onboard. It will be taken and stored for you until the end

of the criuse and then returned back to you..At least that is RCCL's policy.

Personally, even though DH and I are not much into that subject - I think one

should be allowed a bottle of wine/champagne for private use in their cabins.

A cruise is, after all, a Celebration as a result of hard work and money management. JMO

Archived