Best pool with water slide

JosieRhodes

Carnival has two ships with the upgraded water works area. The ships are The Inspiration and Imagination and more to follow. The water works area has a very large covered twisty slide and 2 racer slides. However like the previous poster stated their are other ships with slides, it just depends on the age range you are looking for.

Thanks for the input. My kids are almost 10 and 8. I was just curious what others thought, based on all the expertise on these boards, vs just looking at pics on cruise web sites. I"m not sure when we will go on another cruise as next slated vacation is a "land" one :) in Hawaii next February.

We were just on Explorer of the Seas which was a fun trip, but the one thing they really liked/remembered from Disney was going down the slide. Since I don't think we would do another Disney cruise, I was just curious what's out there. I think our next official cruise trip will be to Alaska in 2011 or out , so the whole pool thing is not so important. So call me crazy for thinking about pools.

However, in the back of my mind, I might try to squeeze in another cruise off the East Coast . So, I was just curious if anyone had "off the top of their head" favorites. I have to say we really did enjoy EOS's main twin pools.

Thanks again.

Carnival tends to be known for it's slides.

Not a slide but you might look at RCCL's Freedom Class (has the H20 Zone plus the flowrider), and the new Oasis of the Seas will have tons of fun options on the pool deck.

My 6 and 8 yo loved the NCL Spirit pirate themed water park area. There are two slides that emty into 4 ft pool. It is aft, away from the main pool. I don't have a picture to post (I'm typing from work.), but I'm sure you could do a search and find one. There is also a kids hot tub, and a pool for smaller kids. Also there is a terraced area above the pool with chairs and tables that dh and I sat with our 1 yo in his inflatable pool and watched the two dds while we enjoyed our drinks and easy access to the buffet.

We just got off the NCL Pearl to Alaska and my kids used the pool every single day. Some days 2x a day. The water slide was very fun. It's for kids 6 and up although younger kids can use it with an adult. The ship was great for 6 and up but honestly for younger kids there wasn't as much to do. I have a 6/4/3 year old. You must be 6 for rock climbing and for bowling. The kids club for 6 to 9 was awesome and my son begged to go and didn't want to leave when we picked him up. The 2 to 5 grouping wasn't as good. I think it's an age thing - kids that age (atleast mine) aren't as use to being left. My 3 yo wouldn't go hardly at all and I had to bribe my 4 yo to go. 4 yo thought it was for babies because they did Dora and Blues clues activities and because he has an older brother he is so over those things. He's more into pirates and spy kids which they do in the older grouping. He still had fun but not like the 6 yo.

Archived