Private tours to Capri

Help!!! I'm trying to book a private tour on Capri for next May. Has anyone used a tour company that they would recommend? There are several on Google but I'd rather have a recommendation before I book anyone.

Joan:confused: :confused: :confused:

You may not need a tour. We have visited Capri twice by using the ferry from Sorrento. I believe there are also boats from Naples. You can take a taxi from the port to Anacapri. You can also use the funicular.

I am also wondering why the OP wants a tour. Its a short walk (less than 10 min) from the ship to the ferry/hydrofoil pier (to your left as you leave the cruise ship port) where you simply buy a ticket on the next high speed jet boat or hydrofoil going to Capri (about 50 min one-way). Once you arrrive at Capri, you should be able to handle everything on your own (simply do a little pre-trip homework and perhaps buy a guidebook). I cannot imagine what an expensive tour guide could do for you on Capri other than to walk you through the streets and point at the shop windows. If you are a bit more adventuress, you can take a boat to the Blue Grotto (they leave from the same pier where you arrive on the ferry) or take the local bus from Capri up to Anacapri where you can ride the chairlift up to the top of the mountain (the best bargain on Capri).

Hank

Archived