Hair Dryers in HAL lodging

NeilFan

I know there are hair dryers on the cruise ships, but do the properties that Holland America uses have hair dryers, shampoos, lotions, etc.?

Our stops will be in Fairbanks (2 nights), Denali (2 nights), Anchorage, and Seward.

Heaven forbid, that my hair wouldn't be nice for those critters in Denali!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help,

NeilFan

Yes indeedy. Even out in the boonies of Tok Alaska (blink and you're through the town) the Westmark Hotels had those wonderful Elemis (sp?) products and hair dryers. I brought sooooo many home from our 12 day cruisetour. My husband and a friend stayed in one room, and my sister-in-law and I shared another room, so I got double the products.

After reading on these boards that hotels in Alaska were nothing to write home about, I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in Westmark Hotels in Whitehorse, Dawson City, Tok and Fairbanks. Fairbanks was actually a 3 room suite, it was absolutely luxurious. Then the McKinley Chalet Resort at Denali was like our own cabin in the woods, it was decorated with what looked to be knotty pine and very rustic, but all the amenities were still there. Then the final stop in Anchorage was at the Hilton. The Westmark must have been full, but you didn't hear us complaining. I couldn't have asked for any better places to stay.

Spirit rev:

We just booked for August 10, 2009 on the Veendam. Any other info you can give would be wonderful.

Included is a riverboat and Dredge tour the 2nd day -- anyone know if there's enought time for another excursion on that day??

Anxioux to hear how you liked your trip. We actually thought about going later in August, then chickened out thinking it might be a little chillier. We have one in our crowed who likes to be warm. Hoping she likes Alaska!!

NeilFan

NeilFan

According to our docs, the tour bus does not return to the hotel until both planned trips are completed. It is scheduled to be back at dinner time.

HAL does offer some excursions for the evening that day. We are planning on taking the flight up to Fort Yukon. It's a 4+ hour trip and does get us north of the Artic Circle (but not by much but we'll still have those bragging rights). At some point you should be able to see what excursions will be available for each of your stops both on land and during the cruise portion. Check the HAL site. You'll need your booking number and may have to register.

Agabbymoma - I sure hope we have the same type of accomodations you had! They sound wonderful.

Archived