Being Spontaneous / Forgot about Hurricanes!

WillCruz4Food

Okay, so I had a spontaneous vacation come up starting this saturday, mainly because if I did not use it I would lose it.

I decided to call immediately and book a cruise. I got on the Aug 30th sailing of inspiration out of Tampa. Any word on the reroutes for this cruise? I fully expect it, and I don't care. I just don't want to hear it was cancelled the day after I booked! Lol

:eek:

At this time Gustav doesn't look likely to grow dangerously strong until it gets well into the Gulf of Mexico. If its current track holds and Cozumel is spared any serious damage that would close the island to cruise ships, I think the Inspiration will most likely make its scheduled port calls. At worst Grand Cayman may be missed for a day at sea as the channel between Cuba and the Yucatan may not be passable until Sunday night.

204513W_sm.gif

I am scheduled to leave in eight days, er well closer to seven really since it is a 12:20am flight. I have a suspicion that either Hanna or Ike might get in the way. I just want to be able to get on the ship on the 6th and leave port to start my tropical vacation. I do want to do the exotic eastern route, but I do know that if Hanna or Ike (or worse the J storm) are in the area we'll be diverted. I won't complain or beech because I knew it was peack 'cane season when I booked...I just really want to see Half Moon Cay and I do want to get a conch shell in Grand Turk....

Time will tell, but I am dead set on having a good time, weather be darned!!!

Archived