Questions about docking / boarding on ports

dorakk

Hi all,

My family and I will be traveling on our first cruise (Celebrity Century) in Oct (getting a bit nervous). Since this is our first time crusing, we have many many ??? in our mind. Particularly about docking / boarding time, as this is very important factor while considering our excursion.

1. The ship is leaving from Barcelona, the departure timeis 6:00PM. How much time in advance should I be arriving on the port? Once arrive on the port, are they anything to pay attention to?

2. For other ports we are going to, the ship docks at 7AM and depart at 7PM. Usually how long after docking will it take us to embark? And how much time in advance should I be arrival on the port? Just want to know this so that if I want to arrange for a private tour, I know how's the schedule is like.

Thanks in advanced for your kind response.

Usually you should be at the embarkation desk at least two hours before the ship is due to leave when first going aboard. You can board though before that eg the ship leaves at 6pm you can likely embark at noon or before.

At ports of call if the docking time is say 7am you can go ashore as soon as port authorities clear the ship. Usually less than an hour. sometimes right away.

Getting back on if the sailing time is say 6pm you need to be aboard at 5.30pm

You should check the Celebrity web site for frequently asked questions (faq)

Archived